Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

What hotel are you staying in?

Our reception is at the Carlson Towers, so the Minnetonka area. Where did you stay or where are you going to stay? We want to stay somewhere nice but we don't want to spend an arm and a leg since we will be getting there late and leaving farely early for our mini-moon.

We were thinking about staying at the Doubletree in SLP. It's $167 for the night with a jacuzzi in the room. I really like the room but I'm wondernig if that is kind of far? It's like 15 minutes so it's not bad but I can imagine me not wanting to drive that far after the whole day. What do you girls think?
Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image

Re: What hotel are you staying in?

• edited December 2011
    I'm not much help... we're staying at the Radisson University (it's our hotel block.)  I'm cheap and I really doubt we'll care much where we stay that night ;)

Does that Doubletree have any cheaper rooms?  Do you think you'll actually use the Jacuzzi?   I'm guessing you'll be so tired that you'll go straight to bed after the wedding.  I dunno. We opted to just have a cheaper room for that exact reason.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the AmericInn in Oakdale, which is no help to you, but we chose it because that's where our guests were staying and they gave us a good deal on a room with a jacuzzi and a fireplace.  It was also about 15 minutes from the reception, and we didn't mind the drive.  It was nice just being cosy in the backseat together (our friend drove us there).  We did use the jacuzzi, and it felt really good after being on our feet all day.  Even at about 1am when we got in, we were still pretty jazzed from the whole day and took a little time to wind down. 

In the morning, it was really nice going down to the breakfast area and seeing a ton of our wedding guests.  We got to sit and talk with them very lesuirely.  It was great!  Have you looked into the hotel where you have a room block?  Maybe they can cut you a deal.  Don't be afraid to negotionate!
  • edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites with our guests.  We could have gotten the celebration suite with a jucuzzi, but decided we probably wouldn't use it anyway.  Hotel jucuzzi's freak us out a bit.  Not sure how clean they are.  We are getting the extended stay room so that all the BM's can get ready in it and then FI and I will stay in it. We also have the breakfast room for when we get back to the hotel to hang out with our guests.  Our room is free at the hotel since our hotel block is there.

FI didn't want to stay at the same hotel as the guests and wanted to stay elsewhere, but we'll both have some drinks and won't be able to drive so we'll need to take the shuttle to the hotel.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Heather-

The Radisson gave us our room for half off since we blocked rooms with them.  We're planning on meeting everyone for breakfast the next morning too! (It'll probably just be family, though, since our wedding is on a Sunday....)
  • edited December 2011
    I checked into the Sheraton at Minnetonka (behind Ridgedale) where we have 1 of our hotel blocks and they are giving us the king size bed/jacuzzi suite for $69 a night, plus it's only 2 miles from the reception site. I'm glad I called! I am saving over $100!!! I know for a fact that I will use the jacuzzi! Ever since Heather mentioned it in the past about her using it, I know I will! Plus it's kind of a thing FI and I love to do together! :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's another 10-15 minutes from the Carlson Towers (btw, my prom was there and it was gorgeous!), but there's an AmericInn in Long Lake (straight west on 394), and I'd be shocked if it was over $100 a night.

Just checked a random Saturday in October, and it's $109.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards