Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Black Friday! QoD- 11/26

Re: Black Friday! QoD- 11/26

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hell no, I stay far far away from the stores, I hate big crowds.  So I guess I don't have any great finds since I never go hahaha.
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't make Black Friday shopping a habit. Though I did make a point of going to a Herberger's one time, b/c with all the sales and specials going on one Black Friday, I got a $300something microfiber/microsuede down comforter for about $50. Last year, I went to Old Navy, but not until 7 PM. And it was the one in Edina that's never busy anyway. It was like shopping on a regular day, except there were crazy sales. I might do that again this year...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was one of the idiots that stood outside the Coach Outlet in Albertville at midnight for an hour and a half to get a good deal on a purse. :)
    It was worth it.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have done it before but have found that it hasn't been worth it. I got a tv/vcr combo when I was in high school, but that's the only good deal I've ever been able to get. Since working retail in college, I'm thankful that I get to sleep in instead of being part of the craziness. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_black-friday-qod-1126?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:a10c9926-453c-427e-91f8-12e684680e63Post:b9d87424-ca81-4a11-a4e0-a6f5b5fadf51">Re: Black Friday! QoD- 11/26</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was one of the idiots that stood outside the Coach Outlet in Albertville at midnight for an hour and a half to get a good deal on a purse. :) It was worth it.
    Posted by Kayla514[/QUOTE]

Oh see, now for a Coach....maaaaaybe.

I value sleep - two days in a row to sleep in, baby, yeah!

I admire those of you that venture out though!  I wish you good deals!
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went out today, but not until 9:30am.  I got a few movies and a remote controlled car for future SS from Target.

My big Black Friday deal was actually online yesterday.  Kohls had their deals available all day yesterday, so I bought a Dyson Animal Ball vacuum for the BF price, with free shipping and I found an additional 20% off code.

I am very excited about this, because we close on our first home on Monday and we'll definitely be needing it! 
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yup, I'm a crazy one who was out all night long!

Toys R Us at 10 last night and haven't stopped until now. I need to get a couple hours of sleep in before I just fall over!

Best deal? I would have to say that the outfitts I picked up for my nephew (Oshkosh Brand sweatshirt, shirt and pants) for a whopping $1.00!!!! (Herbergers with their $10 coupon!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was out at 1 AM until about 5:30. Got some great deals on toys, dvds on other gifts. I've never gone out that early before, and wow some people get crazy! It was quite the experience!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_black-friday-qod-1126?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:a10c9926-453c-427e-91f8-12e684680e63Post:ad83c953-46aa-4989-ab80-068451817156">Re: Black Friday! QoD- 11/26</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went out today, but not until 9:30am.  I got a few movies and a remote controlled car for future SS from Target. My big Black Friday deal was actually online yesterday.  Kohls had their deals available all day yesterday, so I bought a Dyson Animal Ball vacuum for the BF price, with free shipping and I found an additional 20% off code. I am very excited about this, because we close on our first home on Monday and we'll definitely be needing it! 
    Posted by glitzy07[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously? So how much did you end up paying, do you mind me asking? I'm jealous.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_black-friday-qod-1126?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:a10c9926-453c-427e-91f8-12e684680e63Post:b9d87424-ca81-4a11-a4e0-a6f5b5fadf51">Re: Black Friday! QoD- 11/26</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was one of the idiots that stood outside the Coach Outlet in Albertville at midnight for an hour and a half to get a good deal on a purse. :) It was worth it.
    Posted by Kayla514[/QUOTE]

How good of a deal was it?  I have to limit my trips to Albertville, because I always get myself in trouble at the Coach store.

I stayed home today.  There wasn't anything on sale that was compelling enough for me to venture out into the crowds, and it helped that FI used my car today since his is on the fritz, so I didn't have much of a choice.  I normally do go out shopping on BF, usually with my mom, but she's really sick and can't leave the house right now.  I am going to go to Michael's, Joann, and Borders tomorrow to use up some coupons.  I need some nylon coated steel wire and watch faces, since I want to get some new inventory made for my craft sales coming up this week.  My watches always seem to sell right after I get them made, and I can make a good amount of money off them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_black-friday-qod-1126?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:a10c9926-453c-427e-91f8-12e684680e63Post:7dce53c4-8f27-48b1-a802-3ae82ef9b4df">Re: Black Friday! QoD- 11/26</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black Friday! QoD- 11/26 : Seriously? So how much did you end up paying, do you mind me asking? I'm jealous.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

It was $327 after taxes.  Amazing deal!
  • Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always make movie-night baskets for gifts, and always look forward to the super cheap DVDs. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to go every year back in high school when I just had money to spend on myself and nothing else (lol), but have not gone in quite a few years. I've never gotten up early though, I always like sleeping in the morning after such a big feast! :) I did end up running to Target reluctantly though, around 2pm because two lightbulbs went out and I needed more. It was a madhouse even then! Of course I perused the store to see if there was anything worthwhile, and got a few cheap dvds. All of you who braved the cold and waitied in line last night, kudos to you! I couldn't do it. :)
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://minneapolis-stpaul.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_black-friday-qod-1126?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:a10c9926-453c-427e-91f8-12e684680e63Post:4da42b20-2033-4aa5-88db-5b3d55b86568">Re: Black Friday! QoD- 11/26</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always make movie-night baskets for gifts, and always look forward to the super cheap DVDs. 
    Posted by Enchanted616[/QUOTE]

Ditto!  Target usually has some excellent deals on DVDs and TV show seasons on Black Friday... I got Psych Season 4 and Office Season 5 for $13 apiece at Target.  My sisters and I make a tradition of going, but we usually go at 8am at the earliest; we got there around 9:30 this year :)
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got a TomTom for $79 from Target (okay, annnnd a bunch of $4 movies and other random things). 
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards