Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Allure Bridesmaid Dresses?

I love the Allure Bridesmaid line. Does anyone how a bridal shop in or near the Twin Cites that has this line in their store?

Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Allure Bridesmaid Dresses?

• Options

http://www.allurebridals.com/wheretobuy

Just type in the zip code and it gives you tons of shops in MN that sell their dresses. I am not sure if all of them sell Bridal dresses but you can look on the individual website and find out or call them.

• Options
    MKTKMKTK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    @mabrown5 - Thanks! I did use that site, but was wondering if anyone had specific experience. Bridesmaid dress shopping in turning out be more difficult that finding a wedding dress! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to the Wedding Shoppe on Grand. I believe they sell Allure dresses there. I got lucky and only tried on 5 dresses. I ended up picking the first dress I tried on. They were super helpful but busy. We went on a Saturday early morning but I went back on Monday after work and they were dead (which was nice when actually buying the dress). I have had a horrible time with bridesmaids dresses so far. I ended up just telling my girls to pick a blue dress. But I do not suggest going to David's Bridal for anything. I regreted that decision right away.
  • Options
    MKTKMKTK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    @mabrown5 - Bridesmaid dresses are super hard! So many people to please!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My girls wore Allure dresses that we got at Wedding Chapel Bridals in Crystal, MN.  My dress also came from there, and we had a fabulous experience- none of the girls needed alterations to their dresses, and they looked gorgeous!  I highly recommend Melissa if you go- she's awesome :)
    PersonalMilestone
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I believe Heartstrings Bridal in Hopkins has that line.  My bridesmaids are going next week to check it out.
  • Options
    The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul has the Allure line. (68 items) The Wedding Shoppe is also less expensive than the Flutter bridesmaid boutique in Minneapolis. In fact, the Wedding Shoppe and Flutter carry some of the same lines but the Wedding Shoppe's prices are $20-40 less on some of the same brands/dresses. I went to both stores but finally settled on bridesmaid dresses at the Wedding Shoppe, but you'll want to schedule an appointment, as the store is complete bedlam on a Saturday. There is a blonde sales associate named Melora? or Medora? who is great to work with there, very down to earth, attentive, and not at all pushy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_allure-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:a4f66daa-e74b-42a0-a05c-4e6887c831b1Post:ecc3d8fc-4444-4cfa-8ba1-8c01cdaac8d0">Re: Allure Bridesmaid Dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul has the Allure line. (68 items) The Wedding Shoppe is also less expensive than the Flutter bridesmaid boutique in Minneapolis. In fact, the Wedding Shoppe and Flutter carry some of the same lines but the Wedding Shoppe's prices are $20-40 less on some of the same brands/dresses. I went to both stores but finally settled on bridesmaid dresses at the Wedding Shoppe, but you'll want to schedule an appointment, as the store is complete bedlam on a Saturday. There is a blonde sales associate named Melora? or Medora? who is great to work with there, very down to earth, attentive, and not at all pushy.
    Posted by sarahandmatthew12[/QUOTE]

I had a very bad experience at the Wedding Shoppe...I went with my daughter, future SIL (the bride), older brother/his wife and their two girls to try on flower girl dresses. They didn't even acknowledge our group of 7 standing in the entryway for 15 minutes. Then they pretty much abandoned us for 45 minutes in the fitting rooms-our girls were 4, 5, and 7. Not good. When they finally did get to us, they measured the girls, and recommended dresses 2 sizes too big, not even mentioning that the style we picked came 6" too long (which would have allowed me to buy a smaller size for my skinny daughter, since we were only concerned about the length). Once my SIL paid for the dresses, they didn't bother to come back again, even though we still wanted to pick out shoes and headbands. We floated around the store for 30 minutes with no one offering to help.
    Besides all that, it had to be almost 80 degrees in there and swimming with crabby rude brides. So, don't go there on a weekend. Schedule something on a weird day, like Monday afternoon so no one will be there. Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards