Ohio-Columbus

Newly engaged and looking for venues!

Hi all!
Just starting looking for venues and very excited with all the options Columbus has. I'm looking for a unique/non-traditional place for a ceremony and reception. I would prefer outdoor ceremony (with indoor option) somewhere downtown. I have no specific date in mind, sometime 2013 when it is warm and when the venue is available. I'll also take any suggestions on photographer :)

Thanks!!

Re: Newly engaged and looking for venues!

• Franklin Park Conservatory is gorgeous!
  • ditto franklin park! we almost booked there but decided against it because we didn't want to deal with our own catering, etc.
    And I totally recommend Noah Joy for photographer. He does AMAZING work!

Good luck, and congrats on getting engaged!!
  • The Loft at Dock580 or The Venue at Dock580...urban chic! 
  • Picture Perfect Potraits for pictures! great price, reception sites with out door spaces, I know bryne du mansion (not sure on the spelling) is really pretty, pinnacle golf course
  • angelm2angelm2 member
    First Comment
    haha- funny seeing you on here (it's angel- liz's friend).

Anyway, I had looked at, and booked, the Grange Insurance Audubon Center. It has everything you listed as wanting in your description! Unfortunately we had to cancel due to some stuff going on with my family, allowing us to move up the wedding to this summer.

The Loft/Venue at Dock580 is also really nice.

As for photography, I'm not sure of your price range, but I can recommend Karen Evans and Mandy McDonough!
  • we loved the Dock, also North Bank Park + Clintonville Park of the Roses....

we're going with jessica love photography!
  • ashmalone3ashmalone3 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Thanks all for the responses!! Very helpful, I set up/trying to set up tours for those places. 

For North Bank Park, I heard rumors of a lottery system, is that true? Does anyone know?

hi Angel! For the Audobon, did you just email them? I emailed last week and still no response. They could be very busy, but just curious. 

Thanks all!!
  • I'll private message you the contact information for the Audubon.
  • Moments into Memories Photography AMAZING
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards