Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Oh No!!

So I bought my dress about a month ago and I love it, but am concerned that with the alterations that need to be made- it may not work. The seamstress swears it won't be a problem, but the last thing I want is to deal with a last minute dress fiasco! In the meantime, I am making sure that I eat super healthy and excersize more so that I may be able to make it work without alterations.

In the meantime though, I made the mistake of peeking at wedding dresses while scoping out some BM dresses today and found one that is GORGEOUS! Do I go look at in person, or stick with what I have? I could order this one in closer to my size and maybe it wouldn't need as much alteration.... On the other hand though, I am not too keen on forking out money for a second dress, since I wouldn't be able to get money back for my first one.

Re: Oh No!!

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What types of alterations does you current dress need/ why are you so concerned about the alterations it needs?
  • edited December 2011
    I think there's probably more than one perfect dress out there for all of us. The key is to resist the tempation to keep looking. :) If you really don't want to pay for a second dress, it's probably not a good idea to go look at that one in person.
    Number Atttending 10 image Number Declined 37 image Number Not Replied 240 image
    RSVP Date: September 1
    /image>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    It needs to be let out at the hips so that the whole dress sits about three inches lower on me. It wouldn't be so bad except that I keep having nightmares that they do it and then the dress splits open when I am walking down the aisle, lol. My dress was a smoking deal, but depending on what alterations are going to cost in the end, I may be better of getting the second dress (it was a deal too).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards