Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Thank You Notes with Pictures?

I have designed Thank You notes that match our invitations.  I showed them to my sister and she said 'oh you're not going to do a cute thank you card with a wedding picture on it'.  I didn't even think about it.

So are you or did you do a TY card with a wedding picture on it?  If you did, did your photog do this or did you do it? 

Or did you send a Holiday Card with your wedding picture on it?

I'd like to get our TY's done as soon as we get back from our honeymoon as we have 3 days off before going back to work so if we had to wait for a wedding picture that might take longer and then I'd have to pick a picture to do it.

Re: Thank You Notes with Pictures?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're just sending regular thank you cards because the pro photos still aren't in yet.  We'll probably include wedding pictures at Christmas, but inside the card, not as the card.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm just doing thank you cards that sort of match our invites, like PP said, will probably include a picture in our Christmas cards :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We have a photobooth and ordered theirs- they take your favorite photobooth strip of the two of you from the reception and turn it into a TY card. I'm just hoping we get a good one!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also made matching Thank You cards, since we had a Destination wedding I sent TY cards to the guests who came to Vegas, and included a invite to the ARH, with a picture! I taped on the info on the back of the photo, so it worked out perfectly for us, everyone got a photo and I was able to use the matching Thank you cards. 

But for your situation I'd say a holiday card with a picture would be great. You could send it out for a off-holiday and make a cute saying.  You could send them out for the summer solstice on June 21st. 
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hand wrote our TYs on store bought TY stationery and then sent a photo card for Christmas.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used regular thank yous that matched our wedding colors.  I had them all pre-addressed and stamped before we left for our HM, so we actually got them ALL written on our 3 hour plane ride and mailed them when we checked in at our hotel (seriously one of my best ideas, I was so glad to have them done right away and they arrived before we even got back).

We plan to send out a wedding pic as our christmas card this year.
    imageimage
    Born 37w4d on 09/27/11 - 5lbs 10oz 19 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're gonna do a photog photo with "thank" and "you" signs. then make postcards from them for thank yous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends had a card name with a pic of them and he was holding her and she was holding a card that said "Thank You" in front of their new house, it was really cute and preplanned so she had them out in the mail really fast!

We are doing what Blondie did.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a great idea to address them before hand!!!  I didn't even think about this.  I was to take 3 weeks off for the wedding, but I'm a contractor and my project ended early so now I'm off next week too and was looking for something to do.  I guess I'll address Thank you envelopes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a photo card, but with a pic from our photobooth. We'll have the CD of all the photobooth pics about a week or so after our wedding, so I'll just plop the pic in the card I've designed (I've already designed it!), and then upload to Vistaprint :) 

I know some people waited until they got back their pro pics, but that might be too long. (I know sometimes photogs can take up to 8 weeks to get all the pics back to you.) And after waiting for Vistaprint's printing and delivery, and then writing the notes, and then mailing... I don't want guests to wait too long for the Thank Yous.
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree on that being an awesome idea to address envelope before hand! I guess that assumes that everyone will give you a present but if they dont, your just out an envelope - or you can just thank them for coming. Very cool!  I may have to add this to my to do list :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our thank you card will be our picture it comes with our photographer package
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards