Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Seeking Minneapolis Ceremony Location

We are having our reception on July 7, 2012 at the Day Block Event Center in Minneapolis (above Spill the Wine restaurant, couple blocks from the Old Spaghetti Factory), but we need a ceremony location. We will have about 200 people, we are open to indoors or out, but are trying very hard to spend as little as possible on the ceremony site. $500-1,000 (site fee + seating). We are also wondering if there are any churches near our reception site and do they usually charge a big fee, other than a donation we would give?

THanks so much for your help!!!
-Totally Confused

Re: Seeking Minneapolis Ceremony Location

• edited December 2011
    Do you want to get married in a church?  Most make you be a member of the church in order to get married there.  Fort Snelling and Lakewood Cemetary are other church options where you BYOO (bring your own officiant ;-)  I can suggest more if this is the route you are looking to take. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm touring Day Block next week and am really hoping I love it as much as I think I will!  Another bride on these boards had her ceremony & reception at Day Block, which is what I'm leaning towards. 

Also, I heard Day Block has tables/chairs available now - is this true?  If not, where are you getting your tables/chairs from? 

I'm not sure about churches in the area, but Gold Medal Park is nearby, they might allow ceremonies.  Otherwise, there are a couple of park spots right across the river (near St. Anthony Main).  I think they're rented through the Hennepin County Parks System site.  Good luck!
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black Bear Crossings in St. Paul is just over $1000 with taxes and fees, and that includes the seating, use of their audio system, 2 microphones and free parking. It's on the promenade so it's outdoors, but covered. It's really a beautiful ceremony spot, and it's so close to Minneapolis. There are pics of the space in my bio. They've been great to work with so far.
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at the Nazareth Chapel on Northwestern Campus and it was absolutely gorgeous! We got so many comments on how amazing the space was.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • <div>Sorry to bother you but I noticed that you had your reception at the Day Block Event Center in July.  We are currently at having our reception there this coming July and we are a little concerned about the temperature.  Did it stay relatively cool for you the whole night?  I read 1 review that said it got hot and the guy in charge seemed to skirt around the question a little and I want to be prepared.  Any other thoughts on the space would be excellent. </div><div>
    </div><div>Congratulations on you marriage! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_seeking-minneapolis-ceremony-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b12046f1-cf98-4dd7-8fba-7cc5d1f56b1ePost:38e15ae0-92fe-4df5-a7b8-594dac03a1eb">Seeking Minneapolis Ceremony Location</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having our reception on July 7, 2012 at the Day Block Event Center in Minneapolis (above Spill the Wine restaurant, couple blocks from the Old Spaghetti Factory), but we need a ceremony location. We will have about 200 people, we are open to indoors or out, but are trying very hard to spend as little as possible on the ceremony site. $500-1,000 (site fee + seating). We are also wondering if there are any churches near our reception site and do they usually charge a big fee, other than a donation we would give? THanks so much for your help!!! -Totally Confused
    Posted by caitconley123[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards