Ohio-Columbus
Options

Columbus Salons

Hello,
I'm new to the area and looking for a great salon and hair stylist to go to. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Powell but I'd travel anywhere in the Columbus area. I need someone who can tell me what will work for me. 

Thanks

Re: Columbus Salons

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I recently started going to Frankie at Max the Salon Short North. She did my hair for our engagement pics, and I received so many compliments. I'm using her now as my regular stylist and for my bridal updo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Amanda!  There are a couple Charles Penzone salons (Max is one of them) around the Columbus area, all of which have very experienced stylists.  I also had gone to the one in the Short North and had a good experience (Eric, I think, but he is no longer there).  Penzone salon's have a very modern-luxury feel.

I now go to Phia Salon in the short north (an Aveda salon), which has a bit more of a relaxed feel, and I think is slightly less expensive than Penzone.  I see Anaya, but I know her speciality is very short hair (not sure what yours is like), but from what I've seen, other stylists are very talented and I have seen the stylists be very honest with clients on what types of cuts and colors would be best with their specific qualities (I'm in there a lot, as my hair style and color changes almost monthly!).  Hope this helps! 

Yelp.com is also a good resource.

• Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to Penzones Grand Salon in Dublin (just south of 270, off Sawmill Rd.  In fact I have an appointment on Monday. I've gone to them for years.
  • Options
    BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Powell girl too!  The Charles Penzone in Dublin and the one in Polaris are probably equal distance from Powell... I go to Dublin because there is less traffic to fight that way.
    In Powell there is also a Kenneth's right off Sawmill Parkway and a salon called Anna Lee's over by the post office.
  • Options
    chaseglchasegl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a horrible experience the last time I went to the Polaris Penzones. I won't go back there ever again. The Max salon in the short north, though, is great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely recommend J Mac salon in Powell.  Love all the ladies that work there and I'm always pleased when I leave!  Both my fiance and I go to Hannah.  Highly recommend!!!  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Charles Penzone in Columbus.  Nicole did my hair.  She did an amazing job!  I definitely recommend the salon and her in particular.
  • Options
    wroberts13wroberts13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love Kenneths in New Albany!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards