Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Grooms dinner suggestions

I'm starting to think of places to look at.  I want somewhere fun, not too formal, and with a great ambiance.  Rehearsal is in Robbinsdale and would like to keep the dinner within about 15-20 miles. Also I want convenient parking for everyone, since it will be a busy Friday night.  Thanks!!

Re: Grooms dinner suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Robbinsdale you say... I just had our rehearsal dinner in Robbinsdale a couple weeks ago at Nonna Rosa. Huge parking lot for everyone right in front (or back?) Its the old Thistles space.

Its an italian place. We had 17 people, though, if you had more, we were off in a sort of side room that had other guests, so I imagine you could reserve the whole room. They did a separate apps table just for us, and then we all ordered dinner off the menu. Apps were amazing and delicious and dinner food was fine, though I ate about two bites and realized I had zero appetite, so can't honestly say.

We all went in our clothes from decorating set up, so we were not formal, though, you could certainly dress up a bit, too and not feel out of place. The staff was super accomodating and nice, though my MIL set it all up, she brought in table decorations, and my SIL brought dessert and they were fine with this. I would really recommend it.

My Married Lady Bio
    FOR SALE ITEMS Wedding Countdown Ticker

I got married on Friday the 13th!
  • Options
    VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking of going to Bucca's.  I only know of the one in Maple Grove and St. Paul, but I know there are more around if you want to try something closer.
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• Options
    bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are doing the Grumpy's in Roseville - which may be too far.  They have some nice rooms overlooking the bar (which sounds yucky but they are nice). Otherwise - have you tried Jax in NE? They have an upper story banquet room. Maybe Victory 44 would close for a large party.  Nonna Rosa is very nice too and parking isn't a problem there.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a bowling alley (PINZ in Oakdale) and everyone had a blast with the casual atmosphere.  We had pizza and sides (fries, garlic bread, etc).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards