Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Lacey from Intuitive Blooms

Hey ladies,

I used Lacey for my wedding on October 1.  The vases at the reception site were ours, but she provided 2 large vases for altar arrangements and also dropped off a box with vases in it to the ceremony.  She hasn't contacted me to get her vases yet back...what does that mean?  There's no talk about vase returns in our contract...so this is a little weird to me.  I don' t really want to call or talk to her about it because (if anyone read my vendor reviews) I was really disappointed in her service and don't want to get into anything if she isn't 100% accommodating and professional in this transaction.  So should I just wait and see if she contacts me or what? 

Has anyone else worked with her and had to return vases?  How did it work?

Thanks, ladies!

Re: Lacey from Intuitive Blooms

• esunadaesunada member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not have Lacey but with my florist we returned the vases.  They were rentals which we paid for very cheaply.  She contacted me about the return and we just dropped them off at her house. 

I'm pretty sure your florist would like the vases back since she probably deals with weddings every weekend and reuses them.  She probably forgot to ask you for them back or maybe she is embarassed that she gave poor service to you, who knows. I would contact her once to see if she would like the vases returned.  If she doesn't respond then I gues you get to keep them! 
  • edited December 2011
    I actually still have mine from my wedding on Sept 30.  I had texted her a few days after the wedding but I was going to be OOT the weekend she was going to be near the cities.  I should probably get on that so I can get them back to her.  I believe they are rentals and should be returned to her. 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, Callalily07, really?  I'm sorry if I don't want to get into an argument with someone and so that's why I haven't talked to her about it yet.  I didn't BASH her, I gave an honest account of the FACTS.  I am just not ready to listen to any excuses or whatever about it so that's why I don't feel like talking to her.  I don't want any money back or anything because honestly, nothing is going to fix the fact that I didn't get what I wanted.  I don't give a crap about the money.   

I don't have a problem giving the vases back to her, I just don't feel that I necessarily need to go out of my way to do it.  I am by no means trying to withhold the vases from her...if she asks me for them, we will figure it out.  I was just coming here to ask if I should wait for her to ask me for them or if I really need to re-start the cycle of contacting her and having to wait a week to hear back from her.  Part of my thought process was maybe she decided she'd give them to me since they are clearly super cheap vases and she failed to deliver on about $100 worth of goods on our contract.  Sorry my post seemed to offend you so, Ms.  Self-Righteous!  Talk about unattractive...

With that said, thanks to the other ladies for your mature answers to my question.  I will consider making the first move based on your responses.   
  • edited December 2011
    Callalily, you are walking a fine line from looking like a regular poster into a vendor here. After perusing your posting history, you look awfully like a vendor for flowers. If you do not tone it down and avoid the attacking of this poster, and previous, as it has seemed, you will face being banned from the knot.
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    musu - glad that you're on that cuz I would have said something myself otherwise. 

callalily - too bad you just discredited yourself here. 

OP - sounds like you got the raw end of the deal.  I guess I'd be the bigger person, send her an email, and arrange to meet somewhere in the middle or send someone to drop them off who isn't going to be charged up if you don't want to delve into it with your vendor.  I agree, if you aren't happy but nothing can change it or make it better, it is better to let it lie than stir things up. 
  • edited December 2011
    I should also add that there is nothing that SarahMarie did here that was in poor taste to the vendor. It is perfectly within her rights as a customer to say she was not satisfied with someone's service. There is a difference between being unhappy and talking about it, vs making up vicious lies and calling a vendor vulgar names.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your support, ladies.  Everyone will be happy to know I did contact Lacey and we are trying to figure out where/when to meet.  I am just not going to say anything about the service and I'm sure it will go off without a hitch.

And for the record, I will never attack anyone's character on here.  Lacey is a great person.  I am not even going to go as far as recommending that people not use her, I am just wanting to let people know that they need to be explicit in terms of what they want, which I apparently was not.

Again, thanks for the support and I'm glad you guys said something!
  • edited December 2011
    I suspect Callalily07 to be someone with Lacey's camp. If so, her hypocrisy is laughable.

(ie. calling her out for not having the guts to speak with her face to face when obviously that is what Callalily is doing)
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Calla, for some reason TK is not allowing me to quote you, but really, you are overreacting here, regardless of if you are a vendor or not. In fact, you have repeatedly used the words "bash vendors" in your posts, which connotates something much worse than "I was really disappointed with her service". I'd say Sarah was rather kind in her summation of how she felt with Lacey's services. There have been multiple vendors on this board that have gotten worse reviews than that ONE sentence, that still get plenty of business from other brides here.

It is not your job to be Captain Save a Vendor. When one goes into a customer service business, part of the trade is knowing your business will be subject to critique. There are lines that may be drawn, of course, but if that were to ever be the case, I would shut down the post as soon as I saw it. So far, no bride has crossed the line into viciously attacking a vendor. Of course there are two sides to every story but that is irrelevent when a bride is posting her reviews. No one here has to take her advice for any vendor. Vendor reputations build on more than just one customer, and people can take it upon themselves to get an overall opinion from multiple sources.

That said, I will not continue to be as tolerant of your attacking to the other posters on here.
  • edited December 2011
    How is saying someone "bashes vendors" different than accusing someone of attacking? Seems to be a battle of semantics. I get why you are upset that a bride would come on here without contacting the vendor about their problem, but it seems to me that Sarah came here precisely for advice on what to do next. She admitted to why she was posting and was wondering what other knotties would do in the same situation. There is nothing wrong with getting opinions on what to do in a situation, instead of going through with something when you are unsure. Tons of posts here are asking for advice in a situation, wedding related or not.

The TOS from The Knot are perfectly clear about what is allowed regarding posts and their content. I do not think it is necessary to make an entire new thread regarding vendor reviews when nothing has really crossed the line per the Knot's guidelines.

I have no idea what comment you are talking about re: cost of weddings. I am fairly certain that was not brought up in anything I said. If you are speaking in a general term, there is plenty to be said about the wedding business and vendor's ability to jack up their rates. But that is not here nor there. It is rather offensive to accuse all the posters of having "no money", and expecting "everything for nothing". Everyone has different standards for what is a "good deal" and the point is to help other brides out with finding vendors in their price range.

Again, I think you are overreacting about something that really isn't as huge as you are making it to be.

• edited December 2011
    Sarah= slightly dissastified client looking for help on how to handle a situation she's unfamiliar with.

Callalily = crazycakes overreaction and personal attacks.

Yup, definitely different.
  • edited December 2011
    ha. Slow clap for MuSu's flexing of the ban button? ;)
  • edited December 2011
    If I could "like" your post steph, I would. :)
    edited December 2011
    uhhh- did something shake loose on this?  I can't see any of calla's posts.  lol, maybe I'm blocked?
  • edited December 2011
    I banned her, witty, so her posts are now gone. It was a poster that looked a lot like a vendor trying to attack brides for posting negative reviews of vendors.
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha.  Shoot - went to run errands with the hubby and missed all the fun.  lol.

• edited December 2011
    I am glad you did that MuSu- differing opinions are one thing, but she was a little (a lot) over in left field. Reading her posting history sure gave me some chuckles though!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I'm really glad I seemed to have missed the commentary.  Especially the part about people having no money and expecting everything for nothing!  There's something called value that is important to people like me (ie. people just want to get what they paid for).  Sheesh!  If I were here, I may have gotten banned from the board as well...only kidding.

It's so funny to me when people take something which has nothing to do with them, make it personal, and then attack people they only know via internet!  If Calla is a vendor...wow.  That's all I have to say.

Well again, thanks, ladies!  Love the support  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards