Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Who's around?

Re: Who's around?

• edited December 2011
    Diamond Hall!

How does everything look out there now?  Haven't been there since February
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure Diamond Hall is the exact same.  Those of us who were cooler and booked the Casablanca room are lucking out big time though ;)  They added another 'getting ready' room, and what used to be the little restaurant is now a really cute lounge.  You can see it in some of my pictures (the one of the WP sitting on black wicker furniture is in that lounge.)  All of our formals against the brick were taken in the new little cocktail area right outside the lounge too.
  • edited December 2011
    Cooler huh?? Ouch....

So the lounge part is just for ppl using the Casablanca Hall?
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    Is anyone watching Birdal plasty?? It's just starting. Ahhhh...trainwreck TV
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    Ooo I'll get in on this :)

1. I made a mockup of my centerpiece today and I"m not sure if I'm loving it, but I already bought all the stuff.. hmm

http://tinyurl.com/27j54jb

2. My FI is in the AF and we'll be moving to Creech AFB near Las Vegas next week (I've never been there!)

3. I love love love all things pumpkin
  • edited December 2011
    Oh god, Bridal Plasty... I don't control the remote now other wise I might be tempted to watch it lol
  • edited December 2011
    Super- yup, cooler.  ;)  And yes, the lounge is included with the Casablanca room, as is the outdoor cocktail area.  
  • edited December 2011
    It looks like from on their website that they might be adding a balcony in the Casablanca Hall now too. But obviously they have to add all these new features to get the room to even compare to the Diamond Hall :-P

Lisette- just so you know, I'm uber jealous. Depending on the number of RSVPs we get back, we'll be lucky to be at 20 tables....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 Random Facts...hmm...

1. My friends in HS nicknamed me the "Human Calender" because I would randomly spout off dates from years back and provide details of that day and exactly what we were wearing. I'm still this way today. I remember events and the dates they occured on, and will probably never forget. So weird.

2. I feel like a DIY failure...every DIY project I try for this wedding I fail at. I'm not creative, and I'm getting frusterated.

3. I too, spent way too much money this weekend. I went a little overboard at Michael's on Thursday night ...but I saved so much money.

Likes/Dislikes about the holidays -

Like - I love watching my family open up their presents.I will sit and wait to watch everyone else open up presents before I begin....so exciting!

Dislike - Trying to cram everyone's Christmas in. Between my families, and FI's it can be a bit crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c0e9360e-7a8d-4a6e-a7f2-b203e38c4cb0Post:73dcb282-785b-4a49-af8a-8941d39ccd15">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooo I'll get in on this :) 1. I made a mockup of my centerpiece today and I"m not sure if I'm loving it, but I already bought all the stuff.. hmm <a href="http://tinyurl.com/27j54jb" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/27j54jb</a> 2. My FI is in the AF and we'll be moving to Creech AFB near Las Vegas next week (I've never been there!) 3. I love love love all things pumpkin
    Posted by MilitaryBride2Be[/QUOTE]

<div>My new favorite pumpkin recipe:</div><div>
    </div><div>1 big can (14 oz? 17 oz? whatever) of pure pumpkin (not the pie filling)</div><div>1 box spice cake mix</div><div>1 egg.</div><div>
    </div><div>Mix together, and pour into muffin tins. Bake on 350* until lightly browned (about 20 min.)  Let cool and top with cream cheese frosting. mmmm.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Legg- yup! A few days before our wedding I went in to talk about the layout, etc. with Heather and she gave me a tour of the new renovations.  They're adding a few extra feet of width to the Casablanca room, so it will comfortably hold about 450.  They're adding a balcony above/near the stage for a DJ, too.

waaait. are you two saying you didn't like my wedding? answer carefully; I have banning powers ;)

Bemis- who cares about DIY. I gave up on most of my projects, and everything still turned out wonderfully. Don't stress too much!
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

Hahahaha welll.......

I kid I kid! I loved the photos...I should have crashed it!

Now don't ban me!  Or I'll start comparing you to the favor board mod hahahaha j/k!

Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011

oh gosh...pumpkin muffins! total foodgasm! bwahahaha

Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    ugh. favor board mod was crazy even before she went crazy.

You should have crashed! I would have even allowed you a slice or two of life-altering cake. :)  We only had like 6 no-shows! (including 3 from my family who were sick and let us know a few days before they might not make it.)
  • bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Steph - thanks....I'll try not to care!
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Random facts...

1. We went to Ikea today and bought this really cool black and white desk. We set it up in the living room; it's my new "dressing" area. Our bathroom is tiny, and H and I overlap our "getting ready" times in the AM lately, so I've been doing my hair and makeup while sitting on the floor in front of a full-length mirror that was sitting against the wall in the living room. I now have drawers to put my stuff in, and a chair to sit on while getting ready. I've never really had that before, and I'm so excited!

2. We got the Christmas tree set up today. I was really excited to put up our "Mr. and Mrs. 2010" ornament! And one we got personalized w/our last name - it's two cartoony-looking reindeer. The girl is looking at the boy w/half-closed eyes that are all "Hey...how you doin'?" and the boy has this goofy wide eyed look. It actually looks a lot like a picture of H and I at a friend's wedding when we first started dating. So cute!

3. I've tried several times, but I can't sit through an entire Star Wars movie. I guess it's just not my thing...

Favorite thing about the holidays - spending time and having fun with friends and family
    Least favorite - trying to figure out what to get H for Christmas. He's so hard (that's what she said) to buy for!
  • edited December 2011
    TP (can I call you that? please?)- do you still type "FI" out of habit? Because I do, more often than not.  H (!) and I also overlap, but he's learned to just get out of my way. haha  Also, we're watching "Clone Wars" right now on Cartoon Network. We're nerds.

ok, ladies. Screw the Gold badge. New goal- making this a 3 page thread. I haven't seen one of those over here in like 6 months. I like having people actually around to chat!
  • edited December 2011
    Of course I'm just trying to overcome my jealousy over your super amazing wedding ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c0e9360e-7a8d-4a6e-a7f2-b203e38c4cb0Post:15ac177b-3160-4420-901a-878ec27b5c76">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random facts... 1. We went to Ikea today and bought this really cool black and white desk. We set it up in the living room; it's my new "dressing" area. Our bathroom is tiny, and H and I overlap our "getting ready" times in the AM lately, so I've been doing my hair and makeup while sitting on the floor in front of a full-length mirror that was sitting against the wall in the living room. I now have drawers to put my stuff in, and a chair to sit on while getting ready. I've never really had that before, and I'm so excited! 2. We got the Christmas tree set up today. I was really excited to put up our "Mr. and Mrs. 2010" ornament! And one we got personalized w/our last name - it's two cartoony-looking reindeer. The girl is looking at the boy w/half-closed eyes that are all "Hey...how you doin'?" and the boy has this goofy wide eyed look. It actually looks a lot like a picture of H and I at a friend's wedding when we first started dating. So cute! 3. I've tried several times, but I can't sit through an entire Star Wars movie. I guess it's just not my thing... Favorite thing about the holidays - spending time and having fun with friends and family Least favorite - trying to figure out what to get H for Christmas. He's so hard (that's what she said) to buy for!
    Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]

Ikea is awesome! FI and I are moving in together soon and I plan on raiding that place for furtniture and fun decorations :)
  • edited December 2011

I would have def been all over that Penny Steele cake....and follow it up with a sugar/butter coma

Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c0e9360e-7a8d-4a6e-a7f2-b203e38c4cb0Post:68bc3b69-fd0f-43a3-b730-c6872ccf36a4">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's around? : Guest Services (returns, etc.)  It probably helped that 3 of those years were in my hometown, and I had no problem getting yelled at all day.  Two years ago I worked at the downtown MPLS Target as a part-time job (ok, really I just wanted the discount again.)  I did photo and Guest Services; photo was hilarious to watch all of the Christmas Cards come through BTW... what room are you using at PEC? Same question to you, Lisette!
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

I worked at Banana Republic on Black Friday, it was INSANE, everything was 40% off before noon and our line wound between each room in the store twice! Some people were crabby but overall they were prety good tempered, probably because theres a starbucks around the corner and everyone was properly caffinated :)
  • k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c0e9360e-7a8d-4a6e-a7f2-b203e38c4cb0Post:5e79fc65-0b8f-4b69-8201-36e5d418006c">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's around? : My new favorite pumpkin recipe: 1 big can (14 oz? 17 oz? whatever) of pure pumpkin (not the pie filling) 1 box spice cake mix 1 egg. Mix together, and pour into muffin tins. Bake on 350* until lightly browned (about 20 min.)  Let cool and top with cream cheese frosting. mmmm.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Well, that sounds like a bit of holiday heaven!!!!

ISpeaking of heaven - 'm into the Top the Tator and chips - diet starts again tomorrow!
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph - feel free to call me TP. =) And yes, I'm just now getting to where I usually type H before FI, but not always. Actually, as soon as I read your question, I had to go re-read my post to make sure I didn't screw up!

Military - Ikea = awesome! The first time H and I went there, we seriously spent over three hours just walking around and looking at everything. We got a ton of stuff for the wedding there too - our card box, our centerpieces, my flowers, lanterns we used to decorate the ceremony and reception...
  • edited December 2011
    Most of our furniture is from IKEA. I love that place.  

We got a $100 gc from IKEA for the wedding :)  We're still trying to figure out what to buy.  Maybe a new dresser.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Steph, ib4eplz has a message up for you on the Nov board...

We actually had a $100 gift card from last Christmas that we were going to use toward a new couch. Then H's snoring improved quite a bit, and I no longer had to sleep on the couch anymore, so we were waiting to use it on a big purchase. Which finally happened today. Plus we had a prepaid Visa from the wedding, so we didn't have to spend real money on anyting!
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I find this thread strangely compelling, and want to cotribute... but there are so many convos going on at once that I don't know where to jump in. Except to say that I, as well, wish I'd crashed Steph's wedding. Why? Primarily because I want to know why Penny Steele is such a big deal... and also because I loved the color scheme!  It was basically mine, minus the green and with more purple. Steph, your GMs even had the same ties as mine. No lie.
  • edited December 2011
    TP- thanks! I'll be honest. I tend to avoid that board lately. I can't handle saying "CONGRATS!" to people who've never posted there before, ya know? I'm a bad mod, but i'll only last another, what, 2 days? Crazy that November is over.

Maybe- jump into them all! :)  Or start a new compelling thread.  re: Penny Steele.  Imagine heaven, add chocolate (or bananas), frost, and serve on a plate.

or look at this and drool:

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, the Nov. board has gotten really boring. Everyone's married now, and there aren't really anything but the obligatory AW posts. I wonder if many people will stick around there now that we're all married? Literally, I think we are all married now...
  • edited December 2011
    yep pretty sure my mouth watered a little when look at your cake Steph.. jealous! I'm going to go grab some pumpkin bars to munch on and pretend its wedding cake...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards