Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL

Ok, so apparently The Knot is still having some, *ahem* glitches.  I've got only half a text box still, but at least I can finally log in!

Who's here? Tell me at least 3 random facts about you!

Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL

• Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sup!?!?!

1.) I rarely ever get sick, but when I do, I tend to get horrendous sinus infections (like this week), it sucks balls.

2.) The idea of going back to school next week sounds really appalling to me right now. Ew.

3.) My B-day is on Friday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here!

1) I celebrate my half birthday!

2) My favorite place to eat is Potbelly.

3)I have a tattoo on the inside of my lip!

• Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm here, too!

1. I love drinking English tea
    2. I have an alien phobia, but FI and I are planning a trip to Roswell sometime since it is so close to where his parents live
    3. If I had a superpower it would be time travel

And happy birthday, Bimbi!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here!! Glad VKN started late :) I just got home from the gym and will be on my comp studying for the rest of the night :(

1. I am studying right now for the Business portion of the CPA exam.  I have passed 2 of the 4 CPA exams so far.

2. I have identicle freckles above each of my knee caps

3.  I went to the same school with one of my bridesmaids from pre school til we graduated college.

Happy almost birthday Bimbi

and Future Mrs S...how bad was the tat on the inside of your lip?? I love those!! I want one there but for some reason FI is against it... although I have 3 other tats that are in very noticeable places so I don't know why he cares!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here too!!  And yes  Steph there's some interesting things going on with TK tonight!

1.  I'm a bowhunter & harvested my first deer this past season! = )

2.  I love to go fishing, hunting, four wheeling, camping - Anything outdoors!

3. I love Mexican food!
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:7c6a59a2-36fd-49c6-9dfb-0a3c6e681ba6">VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so apparently The Knot is still having some, *ahem* glitches.  I've got only half a text box still, but at least I can finally log in! Who's here? Tell me at least 3 random facts about you!
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Ahhh - that splains it!  ^_~

1)  One of my dreams is to have a wine cellar.

2)  My favorite fruit is raspberries - but I hate the seeds.

3)  I'm a Sci Fi and Buffy fan. 
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here, too!

1. I get a LOT of flack for being named Katrina since the whole natural disaster thing happened....I was in my senior year of high school when it happened, and people used to chant "Hur-ric-ANE!" every time I'd go up to serve in volleyball..

2. I also get a lot of flack for my birthday: 4/20... Go figure, I've never smoked pot. :)

3. I was not the type of little girl who planned out every detail of my future wedding.. I am starting to regret that, as I am under 6 months away from the big day and have a TON to figure out!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I have a crooked pointer finger on my rt hand. Its from sucking my finger until I was 12. haha super embarrassing!

2. I love musicals!!! FI hates them more than anything LoL

3. I have 2 tattoos. I on the top of each foot both memorial.

anyone watching the ppls choice awards?
    Flame me if you like but I am really over Taylor Swift. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:34fddd1d-21e0-4936-8e00-2b6066fe6219">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]and Future Mrs S...how bad was the tat on the inside of your lip?? I love those!! I want one there but for some reason FI is against it... although I have 3 other tats that are in very noticeable places so I don't know why he cares!
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

It really didn't hurt that bad! It probably took 10 seconds to do the entire thing. I have a tattoo on each of my feet, and those are the ones that hurt! The lip heals pretty much the same day too, so that was good! And it hasn't faded, a lot of people's fade away, but mine didn't.
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:34fddd1d-21e0-4936-8e00-2b6066fe6219">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here!! Glad VKN started late :) I just got home from the gym and will be on my comp studying for the rest of the night :( 1. I am studying right now for the Business portion of the CPA exam.  I have passed 2 of the 4 CPA exams so far. 2. I have identicle freckles above each of my knee caps 3.  I went to the same school with one of my bridesmaids from pre school til we graduated college. Happy almost birthday Bimbi and Future Mrs S...how bad was the tat on the inside of your lip?? I love those!! I want one there but for some reason FI is against it... although I have 3 other tats that are in very noticeable places so I don't know why he cares!
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

Wow!  CPA  ::k8ly bows::  I can't do numbers to save my life.

Yes...what is this tatoo of?  I've wanted a tat my whole life - but am too chicken and a big pain wus!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    future I can also confirm the feet hurt -- however I don't have any other to compare too.
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm here! Happy Soon to be Birthday Bimbi!!!

1. I have an OCD on how laundry is folded (FI thinks I'm crazy when I tell him to "drop the laundry" becuase I can't stand for it to be folded his way!)

2. I used to love the snow and now despise it... (When I mean love I truly mean I would go out and play in it for the first 25 years of my life now I just hate it!)

3. I met with my cooperating teacher today (I'm student teaching for my master's to get my licence in Special Education EBD) and could not be more frightened of this woman and her class... On average the police get called to the school 4 times a week thanks to her students!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:eac1a210-1f38-4260-8475-928632871928">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL : It really didn't hurt that bad! It probably took 10 seconds to do the entire thing. I have a tattoo on each of my feet, and those are the ones that hurt! The lip heals pretty much the same day too, so that was good! And it hasn't faded, a lot of people's fade away, but mine didn't.
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">Awesome!  I want one haha.  I have one on my foot and 2 on my wrist... I thought if i could handle the foot one the wrist ones would be a breeze....I was wrong!  Maybe that will be my next tat...Why must they be addicting?? At least the lip one I can hide but feed the addiction ;) lol</font></strong>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    k8ly...if pain is the only reason you don't have a tat, you can totally do it!!  :) Especially if it's a small one! When I get them it almost goes numb and doesn't hurt too bad :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The tattoo says i <3 u... but its a real heart. I had always wanted this tattoo, and I got it on the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death. A lot of people assume its for an ex boyfriend or something, but nope! It puts them in their place when they hear the story.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah! People are actually here! Hi everyone!! :)  Sorry I didn't start this earlier... I literally could not load the page.

my 3 things:

1. I graduated from high school with 59 college credits
    2. I have 5 tattoos (first when I was 16).. and I've had up to 17 piercings at once before. (Mostly ears)
    3. My left foot is a full size larger than my right foot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:0346e509-5ee6-4fef-9f73-ce146f703452">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]The tattoo says i <3 u... but its a real heart. I had always wanted this tattoo, and I got it on the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death. A lot of people assume its for an ex boyfriend or something, but nope! It puts them in their place when they hear the story.
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">Love it!! :)

My wrist tats are for my mom after she passed away.  Her nickname was Lips (still not sure exactly why lol) so i have a pair of lips on my wrist and then "Love you for always" in my moms handwriting that I used from a birthday card from her.

Shan: what are your memorial tattoos?</font></strong>
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaylas - I dunno - I faint when I give blood.  Also - I don't know where to put it that won't sag later....I like the side of the heel (so it shows with some shoes - but if I put on a pump it's covered) - but the design I want is a bit detailed for that - I'd have to simplify it.

FMS - that's sweet!  Sorry to hear about your dad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:2ca6a7ff-e863-4ebb-8894-be572e4f1631">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here, too! 1. I love drinking English tea 2. I have an alien phobia, but FI and I are planning a trip to Roswell sometime since it is so close to where his parents live <strong>3. If I had a superpower it would be time travel And happy birthday, Bimbi!
    </strong>Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

Interesting - I dunno it that' s a power I'd wanna be responsible for - I think I messed up things good enough the first time around!  LOL  I'd probably accidently preventing Mother Theresa from being born or something!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:94ff4100-8c54-4f82-ba69-254d0e973e53">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I have a crooked pointer finger on my rt hand. Its from sucking my finger until I was 12. haha super embarrassing! 2. I love musicals!!! FI hates them more than anything LoL 3. I have 2 tattoos. I on the top of each foot both memorial. anyone watching the ppls choice awards? <strong>Flame me if you like but I am really over Taylor Swift. 
    </strong>Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

Was never into Taylor Swift - so I'd join you in the flames.  She can't sing - all her songs sound the same and are monotone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm here too.

1.I have severe baby fever lately, even though I really don't want to get pregnant before the wedding (in August). My friend just had a baby in Dec and it has severely NOT helped.

2. I am the only girl cousin on either side of my family. And my mom wonders why I grew up a Tomboy!! :)

3. The older I get the more I wish I knew anything about dressing nice, make-up, or really anything that is typically thought of as girly. I still have only ever owned one stick of lipstick ever.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My first was for my Sister who passed away when I was 4yrs old (Before I was born she fell into a pool and as a result suffered massive brain damage and was paralized - she lived 5 yrs after the accident but died from complications aka a coma)
    ETA: My sister's favorite cartoon before the accident was Rainbow Bright. She was obsessed as a 2 yr old could be. So the rainbow and sky are directly from the Rainbow Bright doll.

the other is one for my Dad - he passed away back in Jan from Colon Cancer which was discovered during a routine Colonoscopy. He showed no signs or symptoms but the cancer was already stage 4. They predicted 2 years of life left and he died 2 months short of 2 yrs. Frecky how close they got that.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:94ff4100-8c54-4f82-ba69-254d0e973e53">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]anyone watching the ppls choice awards? Flame me if you like but I am really over Taylor Swift. 
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

Totally with you on Taylor Swift!!

I actually turned them off cause I couldn't stand that everyone seemed to be SO trashed. It started to distract from the show itself.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:cf5824f5-defe-4b24-aeac-a080d54ee3a1">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]My first was for my Sister who passed away when I was 4yrs old (Before I was born she fell into a pool and as a result suffered massive brain damage and was paralized - she lived 5 yrs after the accident but died from complications aka a coma) ETA: My sister's favorite cartoon before the accident was Rainbow Bright. She was obsessed as a 2 yr old could be. So the rainbow and sky are directly from the Rainbow Bright doll.  the other is one for my Dad - he passed away back in Jan from Colon Cancer which was discovered during a routine Colonoscopy. He showed no signs or symptoms but the cancer was already stage 4. They predicted 2 years of life left and he died 2 months short of 2 yrs. Frecky how close they got that.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080"><3 they are gorgeous!! :)

So sorry for both of your losses.  That is pretty freaky,,, also freaky that he had no symptoms or anything and the cancer was already that far.  SCARY
    </font></strong>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here :)

1. I've free fallen before(super awesome, you all should try it)

2. I really want to live on a farm and have two horses and i've named them already, i'd call them bud and cowboy.

3. i love to knit and i've made stuff for almost everyone in my family except for myself lol.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Recently just started having an addiction to vampire shows/movies/books. Can't get enough of True Blood, Vampire Diaries and Twilight sagas. I'm in love with the character Damien in Vampire Diaries. :)

2. I'm a makeup junkie and a shoeaholic. I'm going to have to build on to my closet just for my shoes.

3. I love chocolate dipped strawberries. Whenever I'm at the mall, I stop into Godiva and get a cone full of chocolate strawberries. I got the best gift for Christmas...fondue pot! :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:57926e8e-3b94-4e60-b0a4-b3565dd67be2">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2. I also get a lot of flack for my birthday: 4/20... Go figure, I've never smoked pot. :)
    Posted by Katralex[/QUOTE]

My daughter's birthday is 4/20 too. I get a lot of crap and THE EYE when people ask when my daughter's birthday is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kaylas it is... his 5 bros and sis got colonoscopy's right away and 3 found to have precancious pulps. So I go in July for mine. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:cf5824f5-defe-4b24-aeac-a080d54ee3a1">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]  the other is one for my Dad - he passed away back in Jan from Colon Cancer which was discovered during a routine Colonoscopy. He showed no signs or symptoms but the cancer was already stage 4. They predicted 2 years of life left and he died 2 months short of 2 yrs. Frecky how close they got that.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your dad also! That is what my dad died from too, same, no symptoms, although, they gave my dad a year to live, and he lived for 4years after that. So I was blessed to have him 3 years longer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to say that I have always been intrigued by foot tats. I always wanted to get one. However, I wear a lot of sandals, so they would show a lot.

I should add, I only get tats that I can hide. I have one on my back that you only see if I wear a swimsuit and two on my hips. Those ones hurt a TON!!

For those of you with tats on both sides of the body did you find that one side hurt more then the other? When I got my hips done he did the left one first, which I found out later was to try to prep me for the right side which was WAY worse.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vkn-anyone-around-roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c4060b2d-6a67-42af-ae8c-eb91e6f05c2dPost:ba6b3995-9d13-49c2-83b0-80bf7ab3cda8">Re: VKN? Anyone around? ROLL CALL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here :) 1. I've free fallen before(super awesome, you all should try it)

<strong><font color="#800080">o m g.  I am pretty sure I'd vomit all over myself!  You are a brave (and maybe insane ;) JK) woman!  I can see how it would be amazing though!
    </font></strong>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards