Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....

ME!!!
We just got a call from our mortgage guy and everything went through so we are officially clear to close on Monday!!!!

This was great news too as earlier this week we got a call letting us know that the underwriter was holding up the process because there were a few safety concerns in the house that needed to be fixed before closing. We asked the seller to fix these things and they did! Everything got approved by the underwriter this morning so we are good to go!

Now the only thing I am kind of dreading is walking out of the bank with a cashiers check for over 7k - scary! I dont even think we had one lump payment that big for the wedding so this will be the largest check I have ever had. At least it is written out to me for safety.

Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....

• edited December 2011
    Woooo Hooooo!!! Congrats Danielle!! :) So so so so exciting!!

And yes, large chunks of $$ = terrifying!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!!!  It is a very exciting and overwhelming process all at the same time.  My favorite moment was going to the house after we closed and just running around in excitment.

Tip:  Take pictures of the house all empty before you move stuff in and paint.  That way you can show before and after pictures.  That is real fun to do for people that don't get to see it right away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_guess-buying-house-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c5f53091-94ed-4707-a438-da0189127bd8Post:c60ef62d-37c5-4906-9c5f-2503d174918f">Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]CONGRATS!!!  Tip:  Take pictures of the house all empty before you move stuff in and paint.  That way you can show before and after pictures.  That is real fun to do for people that don't get to see it right away.
    Posted by tegdirb2001[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh I like this idea!! (scrapbook anyone?? :) So excited for you lady! We'll be having a shot tomorrow night to celebrate! Random side note, is Joe coming tomorrow night?

</div>
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_guess-buying-house-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c5f53091-94ed-4707-a438-da0189127bd8Post:c60ef62d-37c5-4906-9c5f-2503d174918f">Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]CONGRATS!!!  It is a very exciting and overwhelming process all at the same time.  My favorite moment was going to the house after we closed and just running around in excitment. Tip:  Take pictures of the house all empty before you move stuff in and paint.  That way you can show before and after pictures.  That is real fun to do for people that don't get to see it right away.
    Posted by tegdirb2001[/QUOTE]

Ha I can just picture Joe and I now running around the empty house like little kids :)!

And love the idea of taking pictures! I will have to remember to do that!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_guess-buying-house-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c5f53091-94ed-4707-a438-da0189127bd8Post:a97ebc78-7863-4d10-9a79-52adef9ea5ca">Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday..... : Oh I like this idea!! (scrapbook anyone?? :) So excited for you lady! We'll be having a shot tomorrow night to celebrate! Random side note, is Joe coming tomorrow night?
    Posted by threemarie24[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think he is planning on it! We may do our final walk through after work tomorrow but we are going to swing by either way!
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The taking before/after pics is actually really important for re-sale if you ever move.  That way you can justify any price increases because you can show what was there and what you changed.  It may not be as big a deal in your house which seems to be pretty current but for me, with a house that needed to be remodeled/updated, it is HUGE to do.  (My realtor told me to do it actually!)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I remember being really nervous the week before my closing ( like I couldn't hardly eat I was so nervous) because it was such a huge commitment money-wise!!

How exciting!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! That is so exciting, :) You will have to post the before & after photos here, too, :)
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already said it on our other board, but CONGRATS, Danielle! 

You're going to make that one kickin' living space. :)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    Yeah I have had a few different people ask me if I am nervous but I actually dont feel nervous at all....maybe I should be LOL! But really we are way more excited than nervous. Maybe it will all hit me at closing but so far so good!
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!!!   THat is soooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Enjoy!!!!    :D
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats, that is SO exciting!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    EEE! That's so exciting! I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous ;)

I totally agree with the pictures though! 

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

BTW... do you still need help painting? I think i forgot to email you back, sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    How exciting, congratulations!! I was never when I signed the LEASE for my house so I'm sure I'll be pretty nervous if I ever sign a mortage! :)
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!!  So excited for you!!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Danielle, SOOOO exciting!

We just started looking at houses last weekend. We are excited but I'm stressed that it will take FOREVER to find a house that works for us.

Are you staying around the Ridgedale area??
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_guess-buying-house-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c5f53091-94ed-4707-a438-da0189127bd8Post:740c60d9-303a-4152-9b58-c1cd60a5f77e">Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]EEE! That's so exciting! I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous ;) I totally agree with the pictures though!  Can't wait to see how it turns out! BTW... do you still need help painting? I think i forgot to email you back, sorry!
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Yes we would still love help! The weekend when we are going to paint is still a bit up in the air though. We are going to paint our tests on the walls this next week and if we like it it will be the first weekend in march - if not we will prolly move it to the 2nd weekend. I will let you know though and if you are free you are more than welcome!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_guess-buying-house-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c5f53091-94ed-4707-a438-da0189127bd8Post:b87c4934-d16b-4faa-84c6-be26af6cbeb0">Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats Danielle, SOOOO exciting! We just started looking at houses last weekend. We are excited but I'm stressed that it will take FOREVER to find a house that works for us. Are you staying around the Ridgedale area??
    Posted by veijes[/QUOTE]

No we are moving to more east to get closer to our friends and family that are out there. It will be a farther commute to work but I am excited to not miss out on stuff with our friends anymore!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_guess-buying-house-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:c5f53091-94ed-4707-a438-da0189127bd8Post:c174b8dc-3609-4d16-8b99-22a7e8c267cf">Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday..... : No we are moving to more east to get closer to our friends and family that are out there. It will be a farther commute to work but <strong>I am excited to not miss out on stuff with our friends anymore!
    </strong>Posted by drdifabio[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean! My friends are all from Roseville Fridley area so I'm really pushing for the Plymouth/Maple Grove area so we are more in between his friends and my friends. My friends never want to come over because of the distance and I love to entertain.

That will be so nice for you guys to be closer, plus you would be going against traffic for work right?
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_guess-buying-house-monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c5f53091-94ed-4707-a438-da0189127bd8Post:740c60d9-303a-4152-9b58-c1cd60a5f77e">Re: Guess who is buying a house on Monday.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]EEE! That's so exciting! I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous ;) I totally agree with the pictures though!  Can't wait to see how it turns out! BTW... do you still need help painting? I think i forgot to email you back, sorry!
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

I'm very jealous! =) Congrats though!!! We've never met IRL so I don't know if you'd think it's weird, but I would totally help paint if I'm available - I think painting a room is kinda fun! Maybe that could be the next GTG?
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    YAAAAAYYYY! This is such awesome news D! Congrats a million!

I can't wait to be at that point! Must feel awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards