Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

PEC Brides who did outside cupcakes

So we had our meeting with Heather on Friday, which went great! The Diamond Room was set up for the amount of guests we're going to have, and it was really great to see the room set up! I'm even more excited about it now!

My question is, I thought that they did not charge a cake cutting fee if you brought in outside cupcakes - I could have sworn I read that somewhere on here before. But when I mentioned we were looking at using an outside vendor for cupcakes, she said there would be a fee for dishes and clean up.

So for those of you who had/are having cupcakes, did you have a fee assed for bringing in an outside vendor?

TIA! :)

Re: PEC Brides who did outside cupcakes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We brought in an outside cake and were charged the $1.50 pp price. It was worth it to not have Buttercream cake though. bleck.

You could ask Heather about using paper plates?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're bringing in an outside cake vendor (Penny Steele kicks Buttercream a$$) and having some family members cut and serve.  And we're busting out the paper plates and plastic utensils for it. 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RN - Was that something you had to ask Heather to allow, or did she suggest it? I've got no problem doing paper plates since they're just cupcakes so it's not like we need forks or anything, but she kinda made it sound like there would be a fee because it was an outside vendor.

Thanks for the info ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ummm at our tasting we told her that we were bringing in Penny Steele.  Originally when we booked they had a house baker, then switched to Buttercream and now have a house baker again.  She told us as long as we provided everything and did all the work (ie didn't expect the PEC to do anything related to the cake) then we were fine to have it there. 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! We're doing cupcakes so we save on the cake cutting fees! The only caviat is that we need to keep them out so that people can serve themselves. That way no help is needed. We have about 275 cupcakes that are XL too, should be interested! :) The only time I think they charge is if anyone needs to keep the cakes/cupcakes in back and serve them.

Best of luck!
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We were planning on having them all set up on a cupcake stand and having people serve themselves anyway, so hopefully this all works out.

BTW, we tasted cupakes from Sweet Treats by Jeff yesterday and OMG they are AMAZING! So excited! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeff did our cupcakes, cake and groom's cake and it was all set out. Cupcakes were serve yourself (200 and only a few leftover) and our DOC cut and served us our cake on those clear plastic plates and forks. We just had napkins set up by the cupcakes for guests to serve themselves. They were amazing. No charge from PEC. Pics in planning bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Question...what's the PEC??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_pec-brides-did-outside-cupcakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c62ad07e-e65d-47fb-b6b4-ef6ee6185d21Post:0edb5336-6c6b-42bf-8df7-0a3b9c3fdb3a">Re: PEC Brides who did outside cupcakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question...what's the PEC??
    Posted by kidlets2[/QUOTE]

<div><a href="http://www.profileeventcenter.com/">Profile Event Center</a> (<link)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards