Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Loring Pasta Bar

Has any one had experience with the Loring Pasta Bar? I'm thinking about having my ceremony and reception at that location. Any information would help. Thanks

Re: Loring Pasta Bar

• edited December 2011
    Yes!  We had our reception at the Varsity Theater, which is owned, catered, and staffed by the same people.

I have pictures and vendor reviews in my bio.  We were REALLY happy with them.  Highly recommend!  Feel to ask me if you have any other questions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shameless_adshameless_ad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our rehearsal dinner there - they've been really great with communication every time we've contacted them.
    Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited image 182 Attending image 96 Declined image 6 Not yet replied
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to an "event" there, but I love it! The food is great, and it looks so cool... you won't have to do any decorating.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to be contrary, but I really can't stand that place.  When FI and I went, it was all hipstery and the service was pretty lousy.  The food was just mediocre.  It just seems, IMHO, to be one of those places that's too cool for itself and really needs to get over it.
  • EmmalynjEmmalynj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never been to a wedding there or anything wedding related but I did go to a baby shower that was hosted there a long time ago and it was great!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_loring-pasta-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c9694e20-9a8f-4644-bdd7-bd7b9016381aPost:ced2c9b1-c503-4570-91e5-3842e837dcde">Re: Loring Pasta Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to be contrary, but I really can't stand that place.  When FI and I went, it was all hipstery and the service was pretty lousy.  The food was just mediocre.  It just seems, IMHO, to be one of those places that's too cool for itself and really needs to get over it.
    Posted by I Want Cake[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this. FWIW- everyone I know LOVES it, but this is exactly the feeling I got.  Not to mention... FI applied for a job there (and was hired), and then the manager completely flaked on him. It was a weird situation.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards