Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Totally NWR.....

2»

Re: Totally NWR.....

• Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1-How many kids are you guys planning on having?
    As many as we are financially able.  I guess my hope would be around 5, Jeff jokes about 10.  We both want a really big family.

2- How long after you are married do you plan to start trying?
    Four or five years.

3- Will you go back to work or stay at home?
    I'll stay home for a bit, but then work, for sure.  My dad is already retired and LOVES kids, so he's always saying how he can't wait to "daycare" for us.

4- Do you have names already picked out? If so, what are they?
    Scott (Scottie!) William for our first boy, after my dad and FI middle name.  No ideas for girls.  The only thing I'm really against is names that all start with the same letter.  My FI is Jeff, and his siblings are Jessi, Jenni, and Jake.  Drives me nutts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_totally-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c9a002de-13b1-4b4d-8ce7-814435872f4fPost:cdf6be17-de21-466c-809d-920e90d72fee">Re: Totally NWR.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]1-How many kids are you guys planning on having? 2 2- How long after you are married do you plan to start trying? at least 3 years, I"m only 22 so I want to be able to spontaneous for a while longer and I'm not ready to be responsible for a little being, other than 3 hour stints of baby sitting :) 3- Will you go back to work or stay at home? I want to stay at home for a few months but over all go back to work. 4- Do you have names already picked out? If so, what are they? I have a notepad document with all the names I love, here are a few. I love boys names on girls and I love the name Charlie :) Girls Charolette (Charlie) Brooklyn Josephine (Joey) Alessandra Olivia Taylor<strong> Britta</strong> Evelynn Sophie Brianna Jo Sami Jo Boys Logan Basil Andrew Shawn Charles (Charlie) Brendan
    Posted by MilitaryBride2Be[/QUOTE]

That's my name! :) (Except mine is spelled with one 't')
  • edited December 2011
    On a related note - I don't know if I will pass on unique spelling names to my kids. I love mine is different but get really annoyed have to spell it ALL.THE.TIME! haha

my previous job was registering Predatory Offenders so that knocked out a TON of top pick names for me. LoL
  • edited December 2011

0-2

A few years if we decided to have one. We love traveling & living our carefree couple life so I'm thinking I don't want to settle down till my mid 30s probably

Definitely back to work

I like the name September but FI thinks it's weird :)
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No clue. For sure no more than 2-3. I am not a baby person at all. I don't get excited over them and just don't get the desire to have them, but FI wants to be a dad and I don't want to deny him that experience.

I don't know if we will ever "try". If it happens, it happens. Not before I'm 30, so that's 4 years that I will dutifully be taking my pills.

Unless we can afford it, I plan on working

We've talked about if we had a child giving it an authentic Armenian name to honor FI's heritage. I also like French names and olde time ones like Adelaide or Hannelore.  
    Photobucket
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

2 at the most, but I think we’d be ok with just 1

At least 2 years. I’m thinking have the first one around 28 or 29 and our second around 31 or 32 .  I’d like to be done by the time I’m 34.

I highly doubt we’d be able to afford not to have 2 incomes, so go back to work.  I really do love my job, so I wouldn’t have a problem with that.  Plus I’ll have summers to be a SAHM, so I’ll get the best of both worlds J

For a boy, I really like the name Andrew Jacob-my brother’s name is Andrew, and FI’s name is Jacob Andrew, so I think it would work well.  I also really like the idea of having my g’pa’s name, Roger as a middle name…but not with Andrew. 

For a girl, I’ve always like the name Natalie for some reason, but FI doesn’t.  I also would like to have Victoria (my g’ma’s name) as a middle name, but not for a first name because I cringe at the idea of my daughter being called “Tori” and “Vicki” just seems too old fashioned.

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_totally-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c9a002de-13b1-4b4d-8ce7-814435872f4fPost:bd72f2be-fe0a-4202-9b27-9ebffd2d5fbe">Re: Totally NWR.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]1-How many kids are you guys planning on having? 0-2 2- How long after you are married do you plan to start trying? A few years if we decided to have one. We love traveling & living our carefree couple life so I'm thinking I don't want to settle down till my mid 30s probably 3- Will you go back to work or stay at home? Definitely back to work 4- Do you have names already picked out? If so, what are they? <strong>I like the name September but FI thinks it's weird :)</strong>
    Posted by acw016[/QUOTE]

I love that!!!  I used to work with a girl named Tember, and I always loved her name!  Maybe he would go for something like that instead ;)

How many kids are you planning on having?
    FI wants 5.... I told him this shop closes up after 2.... 3 at the max!

How long before we start trying?
    Probably a year before we start trying - FI is going to be 32 when we get married and really wants to be a young dad.  His dad was in his mid 40s when he was born, and doesn't want that for our kids.

Back to work or stay at home?
    Definitely back to work, at least part time.  I think its very healthy for parents to have time away from your family, as well as socializing children to other caregivers and kids their age.

Names?
    Currently, our favorite for a girl is Norah, and Alex for a boy.

Other girl faves:
    Amelie (Ah-muh-lee, like the French movie)
    Amelia
    Reina
    Jolae
    Vera
    Lena
    Lera (Lee-ra)

Boy faves: These are so much harder for me!!  I guess I want little girls :)
    Benjamin
    Liam
    William

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards