Ohio-Columbus

Bridal Shower HELP

I am looking for places to have my bridal shower in June and the places I have looked at are all booked. Please help me with some suggestions of places to have it because as of right now I am lost and can't think of anywhere else.

Re: Bridal Shower HELP

• edited December 2011
    My sister planned a shower for me at Molly Woos Asian Bistro in Polaris. They have a semi private room that holds 10 people (which we are using) but I think they have another room that holds up to 30 people. Also, we are having our rehearsal dinner at Buca di beppo and they have rooms as well that would work well for a shower. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    definitely check out Moxie's. it's an adorable candy shop in clintonville with a beautiful party room. it's so cute. i stumbled upon it when i was in a candy mood and will definitely use it for my next party.

• edited December 2011
    Do you know anyone that lives in an apt or condo that has access to the clubhouse? My shower was held at a family friends condo clubhouse. The rental for 4 hours was only like $30. Dirt cheap. And it was plenty big enough for about 30 people. It had a full kitchen, fridge, etc. We just had to vaccum and make sure we left it clean like we found it at the end.
  • edited December 2011
    My shower was at Scali's in Reynoldsburg/Pickerington (right on Livingston and 256). They've done all my family's special events like graduations, communions, etc. and the Italian food is just like mom's. Frank and Mama Scali always do a fabulous job. We had about 50 people, but they could definitely hold more. They aren't open on Sundays but will hold private parties on that day, but could also hold a private party on the smaller side of the restaurant.

I'd also recommend DeepWood downtown. That's where we had our rehearsal dinner and they were fabulous to work with and had amazing food. Our RD had about 50-55 people and we used the main part of the restaurant, but their private room can hold 40 people.
  • skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just curious, why are you looking for a place for your shower? The person hosting that typically also takes care of the location but you might try:

Biddies Coach House in Dublin
    Mary Kelley's in Dublin (they have 2 private rooms)
    Brio at Easton has a private room
    Bravo (on Bethel)
    La Scala
    Cambridge Tea House (not sure if it is considered Upper Arlington, Grandview Heights or Marble Cliff)

As far as I'm aware, you can rent the club house at The Quarry http://www.livethequarry.com/

You might check shelter houses in the Columbus Park system. Several have complete kitchens and allow alcohol. http://parks.columbus.gov/programs.aspx?id=26623

The Kelton House
    Graystone Winery
    Cedar Ridge Lodge at Darby Creek Metro Park. 
    The Worthington Inn

The Morgan House

Just a few places I thought of.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure how big of a space you need but there's a really neat place in Dublin called TehKu Tea. They can do personalized tea tastings and the couple that owns the place are incredibly knowledgable. They do have a private room but I don't know how many people it can hold.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hailey513hailey513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies that helps quite a bit. I can give the person throwing the party for me some ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards