Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

What do you think about...

Tote bags as BM gifts? I was planning on filling tote bags from cafepress with gifts for my BMs, but I've seen a lot of people on tk saying how they're not a good idea, that people should totally individualize gifts and get something more useful. Would you be upset if you got a tote bag (customized to match your interests) as part of a BM gift?
Photobucket

Re: What do you think about...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on doing the same.  Gathering items that I think each girl would like/need/use and "wrapping" them in similar, cute, re-usable bags. So far I plan on making each girl a personalized hanger for their dress (not the wire kind), a personalized wine glass (reg glass for my young sister) and the rest TBD. I will also be giving them their jewelry and slippers for the reception too. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Debbieupper got really cute bags for her BM to fill up with gifts and I'm looking for something similar. Not traditional "totes" per say that they can use again
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When it comes to bridal party gifts,  I recommend asking "what does each and every bridesmaid want"...rather than really what we think.  You want to get something that they will enjoy getting and will use again.  Would THEY like a personalized tote? Would THEY  use it again?

Personally, I have a million tote bags (and lots of people do) and personalized stuff isn't really my style, so I probably wouldn't use it again.  If you think that your bridesmaids like personalized stuff and would use a tote bag, then yes, it's a good gift for them!   In the end, it's not about the gift of course---but if you're gonna spend the money, might as well get something of value to them! Good luck:)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea and was also thinking of the same thing. As long as they reflect there personalitys I think it would be awesome!!!  Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a lot of people on here go on about shopping for each BM separately, but let's face it, that's not always practical. For mine, I bought them jewelry to go with their dresses and creme colored pashmina shawls (which they could wear with their dresses if it got cold, but it ended up being a VERY warm October day).

So yeah, they all got the same things... but they also knew that the wedding was on a tight budget and appreciated any token of my gratitude. Plus, it meant they didn't have to buy more stuff for the wedding ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People on TK are against personalized totes that have "JACK & JILL 1/10/10" plastered all over it.  Because, let's face it... do you really want to use anything that has someone else's wedding names and dates on it? ;)

If you're just picking out cute totes for the BMs, I think that's totally fine.  As long as it's not completely cookie-cutter, who cares if they're similar.  I think the whole notion about shopping individually is just to make sure your BMs feel thanked as your friends, not robots.  Don't feel pressured to spend too much money or anything though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the tote bags are awesome ideas!  They are so useful for the entire day of the wedding!
    PhotobucketPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's an okay idea, if by personalized you're referring to the stuff inside. Obviously, I wouldn't want a tote w/your name and wedding date on it, but I wouldn't even want a bag w/my own name on it. That's just me...

Maybe, that's kinda what I did too, and I only had a MOH. I bought her shoes and necklace to wear to the wedding, w/a dress she already had. I offered to pay for her hair as well, but she refused.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd love a personalized tote bag, but like Steph said, not one that's personalized with your name/date, but with my own mongram.  I've got a bunch of tote bags, but I use them constantly for everything, so I'd find it really useful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For our BM's we did beach totes. They were a white/cloth like color with your choice of color for the straps. I got each girl their favorite color and then matched that color with their name embrodered on it. Then I got them flip flops to wear that night, a coach wristlet that matched their dresses, which was filled with lip gloss and other essentials. I also got them earrings for the wedding day, and tank that said their "role" for getting ready. They all loved the stuff we got them.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I definitely didn't mean that I was putting our wedding crap on the bag. I am thinking more like an image that matches their interests-- like one is a huge fan of Jane Austen type stuff. I agree that it is hard to shop for totally different presents for the girls. I don't want to get them anything too different from each other because I don't want any feelings of jealousy between my best friends. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards