Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Reception Ideas in St.Paul or Southern Suburbs

I am trying to find a few reception places that are under $5k (if this is not reasonable, let me know..), has nearby hotels and can fit around 150 guests. We are having our ceremony in Eagan and I would like to have a short commute to the reception site...

I appreciate any suggestions! Thank you!

Re: Reception Ideas in St.Paul or Southern Suburbs

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Eagan Community Center?  I think it is $1500 and would definitely fit 150 guests.  I think the catering menu is pretty reasonable too - less than $15/plate. 
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Summit Manor and loved it.  We were closer to $6500 for 120, but that included food, open bar (we brought our own drinks), flowers on all the tables, lines, dishes, 2 meat options (buffet), clean up, set up, tip, and popcorn bar.  It was one of the more affordable places we found.

Profile Event Center gets good reviews on here, but I'm not sure of their prices.  We also liked the Rosevine in Roseville, which was affordable, but I couldn't bring myself to put "in the basement of Grumpy's Bar" on the invite.  It was very clean and the lady we talked to was nice though.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know prices but the Landmark Center in DT St. Paul is gorgeous.  The Science Museum also does receptions.  My friend had her reception at Science Museum over Taste of MN weekend and got free fireworks right off the rooftop balcony.
  • Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking at Royal Cliff in Eagan.  Rental is $850 for a Saturday and $750 for a Friday.  Entrees are $19-$24.  All the information is attached in this link.

http://www.royalcliffineagan.com

This is where we are having our reception.  The venue can hold up to 450 people for a sit down meal.  It looks very much like a hotel ballroom.  So far the staff have been wonderful to work with.  I can't give a full review until after our event in June but at this point I would definitely check them out.  Without liquor you can stay under 5K. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!!  I am going to look at the Eagan Community Center for sure. Has anyone had their wedding reception there that might have some pictures or feedback? Thanks!
  • LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the Eagan Community Center in May, so I don't have a post-wedding reflection, but I can say their pre-service has been great.

You can call the center and arrange a tour so you can see what everything looks like. They have wedding almost every Saturday night and they invite you to come before that reception begins so you can see what a typical set up is.  Others have had their receptions there and have always had good feedback!

They require you to use one of three caterers--we picked Classic Catering, which was the cheapest we thought.  I do think that $15 a plate is a little low---our estimate from the caterer is $7000 for 200 people ($35 a person), but that includes a chocolate fountain (instead of a cake) which is a little more expensive. They might have some cheaper options that we didn't go with (ie. plastic plates instead of china).  But, it's by far the cheapest caterer we found when we searched!

Hope that helps:)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • leahluleahlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having my reception at Eagan Community Center this May. I used Classic Catering and I think our estimate is about $19/plate. Very reasonable and the food is great. I don't have any pics but I know LIttle Sweetie also had her reception there last year.

• edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure littlesweetie had her reception at Eagan Community Center, so I would page her to ask he experiences.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have been to 2 receptions at the Eagan community center. Both were very nice. the one had very little decorations (just table cloths). The other had a bunch of the tooling with white lights, as well as chair covers. Honestly, I thought it looked fine even with minimal decorations. But I know they book out kinda far in advance.
  • kristigileskristigiles member
    edited December 2011
    I second Royal Cliff.  That's where I'm having my wedding!  It is very affordable and the food is really good :)
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • schmoodschmood member
    edited December 2011
    Depending on where in Eagan the ceremony is, River Oaks in Cottage Grove might not be a bad drive.  This is where I'm having my reception and so far I've been pretty happy with them.  We're having btw 150-200.  When we went to take a look, it was set up for 225 and there was still plenty of space.     www.riveroaksweddings.com

I've also heard good things about Mississippi Dunes, but they weren't available for our date, so I didn't do too much research on them.   It is also in Cottage Grove. www.mississippidunes.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards