Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Midwest Sound and Light vs. Instant Request

I am in the process of booking a DJ for my 9/24/11 wedding. I am having an extremely hard time deciding between Midwest Sound and Light and Instant Request. Has anybody worked with either of them, or heard anything about either of them? Thanks for your help/advice!

Re: Midwest Sound and Light vs. Instant Request

• shellbelle321shellbelle321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked with Instant Request. I loved the meeting that I had, the guy had great energy and presentation. Their website is comprehensive and you get unlimited DJ time. I expect that everything will go great!
  • VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Instant Request.  I loved them.  They were very flexible and easy to work with.  We had a lot of compliments on our DJ from our guests.  

I've heard good things about Midwest Sound and Light too.  But I can tell you from personal experience that you won't be disappointed with Instant Request.  :)
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• mlschn06mlschn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just boooked with Midwest Sound and Light after a long debate- their price was great, we liked their online planning tools (which they both have I think) but they seemed to really put a lot of effort into making sure you are paired up with a DJ that will be the best fit for each couple so that plus their customer service won us over. I got a lot of other positive feedback from other brides on here too who used them
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Instant Request for our Nov 13th wedding, so no personal experience yet, but so far it's going great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amberh0515amberh0515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Midwest for our wedding earlier this month. They were great! Our playlist was used and Mike, the DJ, was in constant communication with us throughout the night. Everyone loved him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Instant Request did a great job at a friend's wedding a couple weeks ago so I booked them for my April wedding.  Haven't heard anything bad about Midwest Sound either though!
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be honest and say that I used to work for them and still know a lot of people there, but I think Midwest Sound is really great. The main thing that I like is how much backup they have. Extra people, extra equipment, etc. I'll answer any questions you have about them honestly; feel free to PM me if you want.
  • brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Midwest sound. We have seen them at a number of weddings, and have always been very impressed with them.
  • edited December 2011
    I believe Instant request givesy you a discount for booking early.  We used them and were quite happy, and I loved the discount!
  • edited December 2011
    I just went through this EXACT dilemma trying to find a DJ for my June 25, 2011 wedding so I had to comment, haha! It was such a close tie that I finally just let my fiance pick. We went with Instant Request because their website was just a BIT more convenient to navigate, since you can actually listen to soundclips of each song right on the website. I also preferred the interaction over the phone with the guy from Instant Request. Both contact people were nice, but Midwest Sound just felt a bit pushier.. Good luck!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards