Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

marriage license

Hey girls! I started looking at getting our marriage license and from what I am seeing both the bride and groom need to be present when getting the license and it has to be during the week, is this what everyone else was finding? It will not be possible for us to do this unless one of us takes off of work as I am currently working in the cities and my FI is in St. Cloud...any thoughts? Thanks!

Re: marriage license

• edited January 2012
    Yes, this has been the case for the past few years. My husband and I live in California, so my husband (then FI) had to fly into MN over a week before the wedding (which meant extra time off of work), which he wouldn't have had to do otherwise so we would both be present to apply for the license.  :(

It could be worse...HTH!

ETA: I /think/ some license bureaus are open on Saturdays, depending on the county. You should be able to go to any office in the state, so I would do some research if you can to find one.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know the Woodbury license center (Washington County) is open Saturday mornings. When we went, there were no lines, and it only took a few minutes. Way more convenient, in my opinion.
  • Actually, if you get his signature notiarized on the application and a supplemental form, you can apply without him. :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_marriage-license-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:d3652257-c1e6-4167-9274-b08941bb0224Post:25ee5012-965b-413b-b22d-36cd56a8107b">Re: marriage license</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, if you get his signature notiarized on the application and a supplemental form, you can apply without him. :) Clicky
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly. </div>
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • OP, just remember that if you wait until shortly before the wedding to get the license, there's a five-day waiting period. So if you get your license on May 2nd, it won't be good until May 7th.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_marriage-license-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:d3652257-c1e6-4167-9274-b08941bb0224Post:25ee5012-965b-413b-b22d-36cd56a8107b">Re: marriage license</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, if you get his signature notiarized on the application and a supplemental form, you can apply without him. :) Clicky
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]

Okay, now I'm really pissed that the county officials didn't let me know this when I called them explaining the situation. Grrr.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards