Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Went to the courthouse today (Marriage license related)

I originally had gone yesterday by myself (I had gotten information that you could go alone to apply for one).  But surprise you can't.  So FI and I went back this morning and applied.  We should have it in the mail after Tuesday.  No one said anything about it taking longer due to the shutdown, etc.  But still I recommend just getting it done if your wedding is coming up.  It took literally 5 minutes.

Side note:  you need to know what your name is going to be after the wedding, something I didn't know I had to finally make a decision lol. 

Hitched! 09.30.11

Re: Went to the courthouse today (Marriage license related)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to know, thanks Lisette!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No prob :0)
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    aabrahams7aabrahams7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Licensing Center in Anoka County yesterday to get my license and we were told that since they are funded by the county, the shutdown will not affect them. If we were to go to the courthouse, only then, would they be closed once the government is shut down. 

Andrea, you may still be able to go to a licensing center if you cannot get the letter from your priest soon enough. Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_went-courthouse-today-marriage-license-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:d750ddca-392b-4ba5-af7a-dcb71adc8acaPost:df9fc734-f5da-4953-8700-621b82753823">Re: Went to the courthouse today (Marriage license related)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Andrea, you may still be able to go to a licensing center if you cannot get the letter from your priest soon enough. Just a thought.
    Posted by aabrahams7[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I'm hoping the priest signs the letter this weekend & we can go in on Monday afternoon to do it.  There's a licensing center right by our house, so hopefully we don't have any issues!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This might sound like a dumb question but why does your priest need to sign the license before you are married?

ETA: By that I mean, before the wedding ceremony, heh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Music, she needs the priest's signature for the discount. (ie. saying they did the pre-martial counseling)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Shan.  It knocks the price from $150 to $40
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh haha, I was confused there for a second. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards