Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Cakes/Deserts/Yummys!

Hey Ladies, who would you recommend for a cake vendor?

Starting to look around for one and start cake testing!

Re: Cakes/Deserts/Yummys!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Penny Steele is delicious, as is Wuollet (you'll go to the Edina location), Queen of Cakes is popular and Buttercream seems to have contracts with every single venue, if you're into a plain white cake.  If you've got the cash, Gateaux does beautiful work, but I believe their cakes start at $1500.  Keys Cafe's cakes also taste really good.  Of all the ones I tried at the last Wedding Fair, theirs was the best.  There are also lots of others that come highly recommended that are outside of the Twin Cities area.

It all just really comes down to what flavors you want and how you want it to look.  Once you get those figured out, it's easier to narrow it down.  What I want is really specific (colored mosaic on all tiers), so that narrowed it down pretty well for me.
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had some "Cakes by Barb" that was pretty yummy.  Otherwise, I've been to the Queen of Cakes GTG and that was good, too.
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're up for a bit of a drive, Cold Spring Bakery does amazing work, and is much cheaper than other bakers!
  • Options
    VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Muddy Paws Cheesecake!!
    A little different from the "standard" wedding cake and SUPER yummy!!
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• Options
    NicoleR77NicoleR77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're planning to go with Queen of Cakes! My dad and I went to a tasting there and all the flavors we tried were delicious. They have tons to choose from and you can pick as many as you want (within reason) without any extra charges. Their prices also seem reasonable, particularly if you get a smaller tiered cake and do sheet cake for the rest. They also get bonus points since they gave me some extra samples to bring home so FI could taste them!
  • Options
    L&N5588L&N5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had a pretty bad experiene with buttercream.  They're cakes were very good but I just couldn't bring myself to give them my money in the end, really bad customer service. 
    We are going with Queen of Cakes.  They're cakes are SO good and I am getting a cake in the same size, no design fee, a free grooms cake (like a small top tier) AND saving about $300. 
    So far I would recommend them. 

• Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    schmoodschmood member
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from Sam's Club.  Everyone was commenting on how good the cake was.  And of course it was super reasonably priced.  I've also heard that Costco's cakes are very good, but I've never had them myself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards