Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

WW Check-in!!!

Hey there ladies!

I thought I'd get this going today since I had to weigh-in. I'm having issues...I can't seem to lose anything and its really annoying now. I lost 1lb last week and gained it back this week. I don't know what it is (okay, I kinda do), but I'm having a hard time staying on track with WW this time around. I was really good about it last time I did it (I also had more to lose, so that was part of it) and started losing right away, and didn't start working out for a few weeks into it. I think I need some sort of major boost here, but I'm not sure what it is!

Things I know went wrong this week:
-The football game on Sunday threw me off, I ate a lot of crap.
-I didn't have as much time to work out this week. I think I only worked out like 2 times because my schedule was messed up.
-I didn't track as closely as I should have throughout the rest of the week, and I know I probably went over my daily points.

Things I think I need to do:
-Stock up on veggies/fruits for snacking and sides. I don't have a problem eating fruit, but I'm not much of a veggie person, so I don't always know the best ways to serve/eat veggies so I don't get bored with them.
-Make sure I make time to work out no matter what. Maybe I'm gonna have to suck it up and work out in the evenings on days when I don't have time in the mornings, even though I hate working out later in the day.
-Anything else???

I know when I was doing WW the last time, people on the message boards would talk about ways to boost the program when people were stuck, so I wonder if there are any new tips and tricks out there for the new program. Do you ladies have any ideas? I can't seem to even get going this time around!

Also, what are your favorite low-points snacks? Any fave low-point recipes you can share?

Re: WW Check-in!!!

• edited December 2011
    Glad you posted this!  I've been only half-assing WW for the last few weeks. I'm going to join a group through my work, that meets at lunch on campus (awesome!)  It starts this coming Wednesday, so until then I've just been trying to get used to the new program.

Are you using the new Points Plus? What do you think of it? I really like that they now take protein and carbs into consideration, but I think my new daily allowance is wayyy off (it used to be 29, now it's 39!) So I'm going to talk to the leader about that at the meeting I think.  

As cliche as it is, the best thing I've started doing thanks to WW is eat breakfast.  I'm usually running late in the mornings so I default to two different breakfasts.  Either oatmeal with a banana or a couple clementines (4 points) OR my new favorite- some granola, Greek Yogurt and honey (6 points.)  As long as I get my protein in for the morning, I can make it through the day a lot beter.

Did you pick up their new Points Plus cookbook? It's got a lot of really good recipes actually. H and I have been trying a few.  My other favorite cookbook is Cooking Light's "fresh food fast".  I think I got it for like $7 on amazon.  They really are delicious, and they really are healthy! 
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Steph! Yeah, Im still getting used to the new program too. On the old program, my daily allowance was 18-22 (depending on where I was/how much I had to lose on that particular week), and my weekly was 35 (as it was for everyone). Now my daily is 29 and my weekly is 49! Granted, everything that I used to eat is higher in points, and exercise is worth more points. I just think that the old program was a little easier to get used to because I knew if something had a certain amount of calories, I could at least guestimate the amount of points until I could actually calculate it at home. I think I need to buy the new calculator!! With the new calculations, its harder to kind of guestimate things right now. I'm sure eventually I'll get the hang of it.

So far, my b-fast of choice is a boiled egg with some toast and almond butter (on a sandwich thin). Otherwise I eat a bowl of fiber one. I do cereal more often, just cuz that's the only way I usually eat a serving of dairy, lol.
  • sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love the new program!  I don't think your points are too far off.  Keep in mind most food have went up with the new program.

I eat 1/2 cup cottage cheese with peaches in the morning for 2 points.  It kinda sounds gross I know!  But, its delicious and I have found CC is really filling.

This week I only lost .6 pounds!  Which was a dissapointment after coming off of two weeks at losses of 3 pounds each!  Oh well - I hope I did better this week,  My weigh ins are on Monday (it keeps me accountable over the weekend).
  • edited December 2011
    Bimbi- do you have a smart phone at all?  My droid has a calculator on it for free. :)  

I'm pretty sure WW has apps for BB and iPhones too.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok you guys are inspiring me to get back on track again. I think I've just been reluctant to try the new program, I was so used to how everything worked in the old one!  Steph is there a meeting on the U of MN campus?

Bimibi the keys for me on WW the last time through were to prioritize meal planning/healthy shopping trips every weekend and to make time for exercise.  I've been doing neither for quite awhile, so it is time to get back on it.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ww-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:e12ad376-c021-4f19-96f2-3fcbf4628ad7Post:1dfeb8b3-9c6c-4bcc-9317-a9479072efb1">Re: WW Check-in!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bimbi- do you have a smart phone at all?  My droid has a calculator on it for free. :)   I'm pretty sure WW has apps for BB and iPhones too.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Ooooh!!!! Going to check now!

ETA: YAYAYAY!!!! It does!! Thanks for pointing this out steph! Downloading it now!
  • edited December 2011
    Quincy- I totally agree about the meal planning. When H and I are doing that, it makes s huge difference.  Plus we're way less stressed because we dont' have to argue over what we want for dinner and who's going to make it. We do a kind of half-planning though. We usually just pick 4 meals we want for the week, and then we can still decide what we're in the mood for that night. 

Do you work at the U? There are WW At Work sessions there. If you make at least 14 of the 17 sessions, you get the $189 refunded back from insurance.  I think it's only if you are on the U's insurance (or your spouse is? too.)  Let me go find the link.
  • edited December 2011
    Not on WW, doing my own kind of plan with SparkPeople, but some low cal snacks I like:
    Laughing cow cheese (little triangle) with 4 small pretzels
    cottage cheese
    low cal 12 grain bread slice with spray butter or PB
    100 calorie snack pack (popcorn, sunchips, cheetos)
    sugar free pudding cup or Jello cup
    almonds
    orange
    sweet potato with spray butter
    yogurt
    Just a few of my "regulars"
    good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Steph-I am a dental resident, so I'm a Moos Tower dweller.  I am on a HealthPartners health plan through the U, but I'm not sure if that qualifies or not.  I should just give them a call.  

I've had the on-line access (also iPhone app) for quite some time, but I think I really need to go to meetings as well.  Not so good at self accountability, although I think it might help to have this check-in on the Mpls Board :)
  • edited December 2011
    Quincy- I *think* it does. I'm just on the cheap-o insurance, Medica.  But I'm almost positive Health Partners works too... I'm not sure though. I know that whole medical complex is kind of different when it comes to benefits, etc.

Check out here:

Or just email them at well@umn.edu for more info!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Steph!
    edited December 2011
    martia,
       I was doing the Spark Diet for a few weeks too, mostly because it was free, and it was similar to WW with the tracking. I like how they have workouts on there too that you can do! I realized that I needed to make a bigger committment (ie, pay), if I was going to REALLY take it seriously. I had tried diets before I did WW, and it was the same thing, I would stick to it for a little while, and then would get off track and I was back to square 1. WW was the only thing that really worked, so I decided I needed to go that route again...and this time I WILL do better with maintaining, which is where I went wrong. 

I was able to keep the weight off for a couple of years, but the past year its been kinda creeping back up again. Living in Chicago (yummy food everywhere) and leading a stressful school life (little time to cook healthy) doesn't help for sure, so this year I decided to take more time for myself. I scheduled my work hours a little differently so I would have more time on some mornings during the week in order to work out and not be rushed. That has made a difference, as I know I am working out more than I did last year!

I guess the only thing I can do is take it one day at a time...and be smarter when shopping for groceries! I think I need to try to plan meals in advance a bit more regularly, cuz that would definitely help! My struggle with that is finding the time to plan meals! Haha.

One thing I do have is that DH is super supportive of my being on WW. Last time around, he worked out with me, and would make me skinny cocktails :-). He is also always willing to try what ever healthy foods I make haha. He is one of those guys that can literally eat anything and will look the same (no fair!), but understands that I don't have that luxury, so he is okay with not having junk food in the house haha.
  • k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use Calorie Count About - can I play too?  Started working out last week on our new elliptical, but need to start tracking food again too.  I do so much better when I do that

Planning meals - good goal, but I also struggle - right now I have broccoli, caulli flower, carrots and celery all witing to be cut up for snacks - maybe now that I'll have my weekends back....
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    k8ly, of course you can play!

Maybe we'll re-name these threads so its more inclusive to those doing other programs too! I love that so many are willing to help eachother stay accountable!!
  • edited December 2011
    Count me in on the WW discussion!! :) My weigh ins are on Tuesdays....last weigh in I was down 1 lb.... mainly because I had gained a few lbs over the holidays and my vacay and now I am re-losing those pounds.  I like the new Points Plus system for the most part but I am still adjusting to it.... I sure do love eating all the fruits I want though....seriously at least 2 bananas a day now haha
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vil - I am SO there with you! I can't seem to get my butt in gear. I am tracking everything and I'm definitely eating more veggies, but I'm still eating too much. And working out? I'll be completely honest - I haven't had a GOOD workout since just before the wedding. How terrible is that? It's been over three freaking months! It's like I'm scared of how bad it's going to be.

I joined WW (first time joiner) about 3 weeks ago and I lost a few pounds the first week and then have gained it back the past two, so I'm back to where I started. I know exactly what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get myself to start doing it right. Blargh!

We'll see how this week goes now that I don't have any pending trips. Oh, wait, I guess I do for work next week ... plus the superbowl. Plus my birthday. Eek! It just seems like there's always something going on that makes the rest of the week go down the toilet too easily. Help!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards