Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Apps dilemma at PEC

Hello,

So, I just found out that the only outside food you can bring into the PEC is cake or cupcakes, etc. It makes sense, they are a business.  I swear I talked to Heather and she said that we could bring in snacks as long as we didn't use their dishes or servers. I must have dreamed it or automatically assumed I could because I could bring cake. I have no idea.

Anyway. The plan was to have a table with baseball snacks. I have been researching large crystal bowls and vases to put pretzels, cracker jacks, peanuts, nachos, baseballs, etc in. I had been looking into ways to decorate it. The baseball theme was for FI. The snacks were for cocktail hour in lieu of apps.

I'm not sure that we can afford to order apps. Does anyone have any suggestions? We need to have something since it is open bar.

Maybe I don't need a suggestion. I think I needed somewhere to put my disappointment. Now I feel like there is nothing specifically for FI on the day of the wedding (besides my never ending love).

Re: Apps dilemma at PEC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check with Heather again... can you bring things that are individually wrapped?  Maybe you could buy pre-packaged servings of peanuts, etc?
  • Options
    Cascasbaby53Cascasbaby53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's a good idea. I bet I probably could. Maybe individual bags of peanuts and then boxes of cracker jacks!

Thanks, Steph! I will!

Anyonen else have any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the cracker jacks idea!
    I wish you would've posted this before, I could have warned you...
    My plan had been to rent a popcorn machine for late night snacks(like DrD), but they no longer allow that.  So now we are doing pizzas around 10-11:00.  We are doing apps too, but not many.
  • Options
    Cascasbaby53Cascasbaby53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh so maybe I didn't make it up! Maybe it was just that they used to allow it. Interesting. Thank you for restoring my sanity!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha, here to help ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you try to pass them off as your favors?

Our venue doesn't allow outside food either. However, they do allow edible favors. So, to get around the outside food rule we are just calling our edible editions 'favors' and adding a thank you note to them.

GL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah they have changed their policies over the last couple of years or so. Ask Heather again. She honored the policy that we had when we booked so it might depend on when you booked.
  • Options
    K10ByrdK10Byrd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I am a  PEC bride as well, and did the math, and it will be $950  for 3 pcs/person for us. Seems ridiculous, but I think it's a must-do. You can't have a cocktail hour without food. Plus apps are always the best kind of food. Dang it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards