Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Hostess Gifts - For FMIL, FSIL and FGIL??

So, I just learned about Hostess Gifts for the Wedding Shower. I didn't know you did that sort of thing! I'm glad I found out before the shower - yikes!

So, my FSIL is supposed to be throwing me the shower. She's only 21 and still in school, and as it turns out handing over most of the work. So, my future MIL is doing much of the work with some help from her sister. Also, the shower is going to be at my future gramdmother in law's house. Now, I'm trying to figure out who I should get a hostess gift for. I want it to be special, so I don't want to give gifts to everyone... because I'm thinking it won't feel as special, plus I need to keep my budget in mind. PLEASE help!!

Thank you all!

Re: Hostess Gifts - For FMIL, FSIL and FGIL??

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wine, gift cards to restaurants or stores they frequent, splurge type care products (I am allergic to Bath and Body works stuff but that seems to be popular to give someone), etc would all be acceptable.  The people hosting the shower which typically is listed on the invite, should be the ones getting a "thank you" gift. 

My sisters threw me a shower and I got each of them a large jar yankee candle because I knew they liked them and they're expensive to buy and a "splurge" item. 
    One of my Dad's employees threw me a shower as did DH's aunt and I got them each a bottle of really good olive oil and a nice colored spatula that matched the packaging of the olive oil.  Both like to cook and it worked for them.

My childhood best friend her mom also threw me a shower and I bought them a couple cheeses and some cheese tray accessory items (nuts, fruit, etc.) from Surdyks because I knew they liked that stuff and they were leaving the next morning to go on vacation at their cabin where it would easily be used up for a pre-dinner appetizer.
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hmmm.... for the FSIL... maybe a $10-15 gift card to a restaurant that you know is near to her college campus?

For future MIL and Aunt-in-law... For my own, I'm planning on probably the usual candles (hitting up a soy candle outlet this weekend, possibly) or those really good gourmet pretzel dipping sauces with pretzel sticks or bottles of wine or restaurant gift cards...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For my baby showers a couple years ago I baked one hostess an apple pie that was 100% from scratch... another hostess likes Vodka Gimlets so I got her a bottle of Skyy Vodka and a bottle of lime juice.  Another hostess loves B&BW vanilla scent so I got her a few things in that.... Gifts that are personal, as if you were giving them for a b-day or Christmas present.

Otherwise you can do like gift baskets such as "movie night" with a chick flick, a bag of popcorn and a couple of diet sodas.... or 'girls night' with like a facial mask, pedicure stuff, some sort of magizine like Cosmo or one of the tabloids etc... wine is always nice...

That is all I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting any showers, at least that I know of, so I don't need to buy hostess gifts.  If I did, I'd probably get everyone artisan truffles from Chocolat Celeste or Just Truffles or gift cards.

In this situation, I'd get gifts for all 3 of the ladies who are helping to host.  Even if they're not acknowledged on the invitation, you still know they put in the effort, so they should each get something in return.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the help!!! I think I'll get the grandmother some flowers because I honestly don't know what to get her that she'd actually use. Candles seem like a good idea too!

I feel much better about this already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards