Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Open bar wording on invites?

Okay, so my mom and I have been in disagreement about this for months.. and now its finally time to print my invitations, so we have to get it figured out.

We are having an full, premium open bar all night, and my mom really wants to put this on the reception insert in the invitation.  I think it kinda looks off and slightly tacky. We have been going back and forth on the "etiquette" of this forever, so I figured I'd just ask you ladies and refer mom here (Hi Mom, love you! :)).  

So, what would you do?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Re: Open bar wording on invites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen the type of bar mentioned on the invitation. 

I guess if your mom is very persistent you could possibly have an insert that has descriptions of the meal(s) and mentiones it on there, but I agree, it would be tacky on the invite.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's unneccesary and kind of tacky to put that info on the invite. I'd be a little put off if I recieved an invite with that on it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone.  It feels a litlte 'bragging' to me.  Are you having a wedding website? You can put the full menu on there, and then I think it'd be ok to note the full open bar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  I think it does look tacky.  Plus it will be a nice surprise when guests show up to the reception and find out everything is hosted.  That's just IMO
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  I can't wait to send my mom here.. haha.

PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a wedding website? That is where we put info on our partial hosting bar
  • Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_open-bar-wording-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:f59df803-7d6a-4eb8-ae0c-758d12d24a74Post:769702fb-81e4-463b-8278-bfa4f15bfc21">Re: Open bar wording on invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a wedding website? That is where we put info on our partial hosting bar
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes.  But honestly, I think its even kinda weird to put it there.  I understand guests needing info like that if its a situation where they will need to bring cash, but if they don't.. I think its not really needed. </div>

PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_open-bar-wording-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:f59df803-7d6a-4eb8-ae0c-758d12d24a74Post:1e4d4cbe-ad1a-4abb-9059-21f5f1ed1745">Re: Open bar wording on invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open bar wording on invites? : Yes.  But honestly, I think its even kinda weird to put it there.  I understand guests needing info like that if its a situation where they will need to bring cash,<strong> but if they don't.. I think its not really needed. </strong>
    Posted by Enchanted616[/QUOTE]

Agree
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_open-bar-wording-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:f59df803-7d6a-4eb8-ae0c-758d12d24a74Post:1e4d4cbe-ad1a-4abb-9059-21f5f1ed1745">Re: Open bar wording on invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open bar wording on invites? : Yes.  But honestly, I think its even kinda weird to put it there.  I understand guests needing info like that if its a situation where they will need to bring cash, but if they don't.. <strong>I think its not really needed. </strong>
    Posted by Enchanted616[/QUOTE]

<div>Totally agree, but I though the website might be a nice compromise.</div><div>
    </div><div>(P.S. HI, Enchanted's mom!) ;)</div>
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Enchanted's mom!!!

I agree w/the PPs. If you wouldn't put "cash bar" on the invites, then you shouldn't "brag" about having a full bar either.
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree with the whole bit about writing ANYTHING about a bar on your invites... whether you're having a full open bar or a full cash bar let's be honest... it's purely tacky! You wouldn't put information regarding a bar on any other party invites and let's be honest, a wedding is just a REALLY large, FUN party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards