Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Centerpiece Suggestions Needed - Creative Help!

Hello,
I posted recently when trying to decide on my centerpiece and have just reserved some 21-inch candelabras at Midway Party Rental.  Right now my plan was to put some votives around the candelabras, but does anyone have any creative suggestions? 

My wedding is going to be at 317 Rice Park in St Paul, and we are going for a simple - yet elegant feel.   My other thought was maybe to alternate tables and put some orange roses in a smaller vase on each table surrounded by votives, to alternate the height between tables.  Or would it look better to have all the same with the candelabras?  I have a sample picture of the flowers, although the vase would be a little bigger.  Any input is appreciated as I am still researching ideas!  :)

Re: Centerpiece Suggestions Needed - Creative Help!

• I personally really like the look of alternating tables with high and low centerpieces (at my reception, I'm doing tall vases with manzanita branches and hanging votives for half, and a low floral centerpiece for the other half).

Something to consider is the height of the ceiling at your venue. If the room has low ceilings, I would think twice about doing tall centerpieces on all the tables, since it might look too crowded and claustrophobic.
    Anniversary
  • We also did tables with alternating height center pieces (some on crystal risers, some sitting on the tables).  Our florist spread some rose petals on the table which looked really nice.  I dont' think that they're terribly expensive to do and adds a little more drama to your setting.
  • We also did alternating heights. Are high centerpieces were curly willow with pink flowers around the base and are low were low circular arrangements. I think its important to think about the size of your centerpiece in relation to the size and shape of your tables. We had round 10 tops so we needed something sizeable to fill the space. we also used a long oval table for our head table and used a long low "gutter" arrangement down the center of the table.

Once thing you should think about with the candelabras is will they block conversation across the table. This is something you have to think about/work with when you do tall arrangements. For us, our florist had a large clear cylindrical vase that had nothing in it and the actual arrangement above so people could still see and talk around the vase.

One thing I've seen done a lot is candelabra's with flowers in them instead of votives. this can create a really interesting floral look as well

and sorry for rambling on so long!
  • Another vote for alternating heights here. We did tall floral centerpieces and short ones. I think it adds some variety and adds interest to the space.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • And another vote for varying heights.  We did 2 different centerpieces-1 low, 1 high.  It just makes the room more visually interesting and when you have all tall centerpieces, it's kind of overload for the eye.  

I like both of the options you listed.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards