Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

NWR: Sleep Deprived

Can we seriously get a break from these 12am-4am storms?!?!??!  We got rocked so bad in the south metro that for the first time in 6 years we lost power....I need sleep :(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Sleep Deprived

• I slept right through everything last night. The only reason I woke up was because H realized the power went out and woke me up to hand me my phone so I could set my alarm on it instead of the plugged-in alarm clock. I only really dozed after that.
  • Ugh.  No kidding.  I barely slept last night as well, then had to wake up at 6 to work on a lab report.  Super tired today.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• meee toooo.  I went in to work early today so I was already sleeping more lightly because of the change in routine.  Then our dog stuck her nose in my hand in the middle of the storm.  It was like she wanted to check in to be sure we weren't supposed to do something.  Once I petted her, she layed right back down and was snoring in about 20 seconds flat.  Me, on the other hand, not so much.  :-P
  • I have been up since 3:30 when my FI decided he should put his car in the garage because he saw the storm coming...now FI is a meterologist...shouldn't he have seen them coming long before 30 mins of them hitting?!?!  Anyway I couldn't get back to sleep with the constant thunder and lightening.  Then the hail started, then the wind and that was about it....We are supposed to get it again tonight :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MKTKMKTK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My dog is terrified of storms. She spent the whole thing attempting to dig a hole into her dog bed. So, she woke me up, not the storm.

Good thing she's so cute...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I heard there were power lines and trees down in the AV/Rosemount area. My parents live in Eagan and I haven't talked to them yet today. I'm sure they're exhausted though because of the storms and the fact that they were at the ER pretty late last night (my dad fell biking and broke his wrist pretty badly, and had to get some stitches on his chin but otherwise he's fine). I'll probably call them later to see if the storms affected them at all!

We just got rain up here (St Cloud). We got some storms Sunday night but they weren't too bad. I was falling asleep when it was starting but I guess it didn't get too much worse, just thunder and such. Hope the storms aren't too bad tonight for those without power and that had damage!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_nwr-sleep-deprived?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f5ab2e7e-401d-4dca-a24b-b0b59205f35dPost:1b6d95d9-c5ee-4599-8b7f-d16eeec376f2">Re: NWR: Sleep Deprived</a>:
    [QUOTE]I heard there were power lines and trees down in the AV/Rosemount area. My parents live in Eagan and I haven't talked to them yet today. I'm sure they're exhausted though because of the storms and the fact that they were at the ER pretty late last night (my dad fell biking and broke his wrist pretty badly, and had to get some stitches on his chin but otherwise he's fine). I'll probably call them later to see if the storms affected them at all! We just got rain up here (St Cloud). We got some storms Sunday night but they weren't too bad. I was falling asleep when it was starting but I guess it didn't get too much worse, just thunder and such. Hope the storms aren't too bad tonight for those without power and that had damage!
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

I  am in AV and it got NASTY!!!!  Again my FI is a meterologist and a storm chaser and he was like this was one of the worst storms he had seen in our area.  It bowed right before it hit us which made those winds kick up pretty bad.  Thank goodness we didn't have any damage (that we noticed this morning) and finally got power back after about 2 1/2 hours.  first time in the 6 years we lived here that we ever lost power.  We are only about a mile from all the lines that were downed so I will be happy it came back so soon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards