Missouri-Kansas City

Advice on Parking/Transportation for Loose Park Ceremony

I'm having my ceremony at Loose Park with my reception at Loose Mansion.  I'm expecting about 120 guests and Loose Park advised me to work out some sort of transportation because there wouldn't be enough parking.  I'm thinking of renting 1-2 trolleys to shuttle the guests.  Anyone have any advice or experience on this?  Is parking that big of an issue?  I'd rather not have the expense shuttle service if it's not necessary...

Re: Advice on Parking/Transportation for Loose Park Ceremony

• Are you saying there isn't enough parking at the mansion or the park? I know the moderator KellyKU had her ceremony and reception at Loose Mansion, she didn't do the park... but maybe if you PM her she might be able to help you out.

I'm surprised she hasn't commented yet!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_advice-parkingtransportation-loose-park-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:014148ff-3d24-4c54-918a-5d0f6be4afb6Post:56b895e4-e8bb-4e9b-9b0c-06abd104accb">Re: Advice on Parking/Transportation for Loose Park Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you saying there isn't enough parking at the mansion or the park? I know the moderator KellyKU had her ceremony and reception at Loose Mansion, she didn't do the park... but maybe if you PM her she might be able to help you out. I'm surprised she hasn't commented yet!
    Posted by caterpillar85[/QUOTE]

The mansion has plenty of parking....as for the park I have heard that there can be limited parking and alternate transportation is recommended.  I didn't get married at the park though, so I didn't experience it myself!  I know that during nice days Loose Park can have multiple events so a lot of people can potentially be there and you cannot reserve parking either. 
  • I"m having the same setup,ceremony at the Rose Garden and reception at Loose Mansion.  We booked a couple trolleys to take guests from Loose Mansion (where there is plenty of free parking) to Loose Park, wait during the ceremony, and then take guests back to the Mansion.  

The trolleys we booked were a bit on the pricey side, especially since we're only using them for two hours, but i know you can rent buses or shuttles a bit cheaper.

Have you booked any chair rentals yet?  That is one thing i'm still working on and so far i've only found one place that doesn't seem sketchy.

• We need a Loose Park brides board because I have lots of questions! I was considering using school buses to transport my guests because I know parking will be an issue. It may not be the classiest mode of transportation, but I think at least giving them an option is a good thing.
  • edited February 2012
    I had my wedding at Loose Park, and we had about 130 people.  There was no problem with parking. I think some people may have parked in different spots that were farther away...but I don't think it was because all the spots were full.  
  • Thanks for the advice!  (Sorry I'm so late in responding to this.  For some reason, I didn't get a notification when people commented!)  Can you give me a ballpark idea of how much trolley rental was?  I think that I may end up doing this just to give guests an option and just in case parking is an issue. 

I still haven't finalized my chair rentals, but I think AAA Party Rental is my best option so far.  They were recommended by my wedding coordinator and have been the cheapest option so far.  I also looked at Celebration Party Rental, which was slightly more expensive.  I agree that all of these rental places seem a bit...sketchy...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards