Missouri-Kansas City

**Knottie of the Week: mrsbaker_610**

1. Your name & FI's name:
2. Ages (met/married):
3. Do you like FI's last name? Are you "taking" it?
4. Where were you born (city/state)?
5. Where do you live currently? (city and/or state)?
6. Where did you go to college?
7. Do you root for any college/professional teams?
8. What was your major?
9. What is your current job?
10. What is your dream job?
11. How did you and your fiance meet?
12. When did you get engaged and how did he do it??
13. When is the Wedding Day? Is there a special reason for this date?
14. Where is the ceremony and reception?
15. What are your wedding colors?
16. Where are you honeymooning?
17. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
18. Biggest wedding splurge?
19. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
20. Is there another knottie's wedding you'd like to attend?
21. Favorite book?
22. Favorite movie?
23. Favorite tv show?
24. Favorite wedding dress designer?
25. Any advice you can give?
26. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
27. Share something about yourself!!

Re: **Knottie of the Week: mrsbaker_610**

• edited December 2011
    1. Your name & FI's name:  Ashlee & David
    2. Ages (met/married):  met- 23/26 married- 26/29
    3. Do you like FI's last name? Are you "taking" it? Yes, MUCH easier for kids to pronounce :)
    4. Where were you born (city/state)?  I grew up in a small town about 30 miles east of KC.
    5. Where do you live currently? (city and/or state)?  We bought a house last summer in KC.
    6. Where did you go to college?  UCM
    7. Do you root for any college/professional teams? M-I-Z!
    8. What was your major?  Elementary Education/Middle School Math
    9. What is your current job? For the next 4.5 days, I am an assistant teacher at a private school.  Then hopefully a teaching position somewhere in the fall!
    10. What is your dream job?  Teaching is really what I love to do.  But if it was something extraordinary, I would be a singer or on Broadway!

11. How did you and your fiance meet?  He moved to KC for his pharmacy residency, and started working weekends as a pharmacist at Hy-Vee where I worked as a tech.  We went on our first date on his last day!
    12. When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? We got engaged 4-26-2009.  My grandparents have a place at the Lake of the Ozarks, and it's my favorite place in the world, he proposed while the two of us(and Libby) were sitting on the dock at sunset!  Couldn't have asked for anything better!
    13. When is the Wedding Day? Is there a special reason for this date? 6-5-10, no special reason although after we set it we found out that that is his late grandparents wedding anniversary!
    14. Where is the ceremony and reception?  Hillcrest Country Club
    15. What are your wedding colors?  Hot pink and black
    16. Where are you honeymooning?  St. Lucia, I'm definitely more excited about this!
    17. Favorite wedding vendor so far?  Hmmm...probably the cake from Sugar and Spice!  The cake is delicious!  I can't wait to have some! 
    18. Biggest wedding splurge?  Well, the honeymoon is a big splurge, but as far as the wedding goes, probably the flowers.  We went with hydrangeas and peonies mostly. 
    19. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?  More interesting food.  But the country club has their own catering which is delicious too.
    20. Is there another knottie's wedding you'd like to attend?  Everyone's sound so interesting and unique!
    21. Favorite book?  Anything by Jen Lancaster!
    22. Favorite movie?  Lately Sex and the City, can't wait for 2!
    23. Favorite tv show?  The Office, Glee, Real Housewives is my guilty pleasure!
    24. Favorite wedding dress designer? Well I went with a Maggie, so I guess that's it!
    25. Any advice you can give?  Make sure you take time out to enjoy the process, don't stress yourself out more than  necessary! 
    26. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?  Not really, the food like I said before, but nothing else really!
    27. Share something about yourself!!  I LOVE to cook and can't wait to have more time for that after the wedding! 
  • edited December 2011
    Good choice with Sugar and Spice- YUM!

Also, I'm glad Real Housewives is your guilty pleasure too.  I usually don't tell people I like it, but I saw like an entire season one day when I was off (they always have those marathon days on TV), and it's just so hard to look away!
  • edited December 2011

It sounds like it will be a gorgeous wedding and I went to a wedding at HillCrest last year and the food was delicious!  I also have been known to watch an episode or too of real housewife's - I just can't get over some of the stuff they do or say

• edited December 2011
    It's like a train wreck!  You can't look away!  Can't wait for Jersey tonight:)  Anyone else going to watch the Bachelorette?  Another guilty pleasure I admit, but hopefully I'll be watching while I am on the treadmill tonight. 
  • edited December 2011
    New York and Jersey are my fave housewife seasons (but I admit I watch them all).  I've been known to DVR some episodes.  And Z-O-U!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to UCM too! Well, I'm still going there...but I changed my major a while ago and took a semester off, went to a community college for a year and went back to UCM. It's a great school for Education. 
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards