Missouri-Kansas City

Dress Shopping Review

Hey all! I already have my dress, but I went wedding dress shopping with my MOH for her wedding, and we went to a couple shops, thought I'd share how it went for those of you who still need to go shopping.

Amore Bridal in Independence: We showed up, and they did not have any record of my friend's appointment, but did make an effort to fit her in. However, once we got going, the person helping us (unfortunately, I do not remember her name), did not help us find dresses for what she was looking for. She just said pull the dress you want to try and we'll put them in the dressing room. Half way through the appointment, she was handed off to a different saleswoman. She at least helped find a few dresses that matched what she was looking for, but for periods of a time would just disappear. One of our friends who used to work at Mia's ended up having to help her get in and out of the dresses on her own because she had been gone for so long. Overall, they were not helpful and I wouldn't recommend.

Next we went to Emily Hart Bridal in Overland Park (135th and Roe) - As soon as we walked in, we were greeted and helped. The woman was EXTREMELY helpful in helping explain the dresses and showing her the different styles. She was quick and prompt, and stayed with us the entire time. The whole atmosphere on the inside was relaxing, and everyone there was so sweet. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Anyway - sorry that was kind of long! Hope everyone is staying warm for our upcoming snow storm!

Re: Dress Shopping Review

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress Saturday at Rosies Bridal in Independence. They were busy, but very helpful and tended to my every need. The consultant helping me thought I might like this one dress...so she brought it in, and I loved it. After trying on several others, I ended up getting the one she had picked! They have a natural eye for what looks fgreat on people! AND it was HALF the price as the gown I THOUGHT I wanted. SO that made my dad happy ;)

But overall great experience at Rosies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also ended up buying my dress at Rosie's, even though I'm from Olathe (bit of a drive). They were nice, but didn't annoy me and really listened to what I wanted. bkibler, are you going to get your alterations/bustling done there? They told me that bustles were $30/bustle, so I may look around at other seamstresses (I know I can get it for less) because I think I may end up doing a lot of bustles.
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto Emily Hart ... love them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgonz38cgonz38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Ida's Custom Viels.
    I had to change my apptiontment twice and they were all extemely nice about changing them to fit my scheldule. When I arrived the consultants got me helped immedately! My consultant Rachel was friendly and eager to help me in my dress search. She sat me down and hatched out all the specific details I wanted and didn't want in a dress. Also when I arrived I was greeted with a rose and a box of chocolates as a gift (it was Valentine's Day weekend). After seeing the dress I fell in love with on the computer we tried about 6 or so more dresses on when she pulled in a dress I would never have picked and wasn't too fond of. I put it on and I am in love with it! I can't wait to go back to see Rachel and order my dress!
    Sorry it's so long, I was just very taken with my experience at Ida's!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards