Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Dresss Shopping

Anyone have some great recommendations for dresses in Kansas City or nearby?

Re: Dresss Shopping

• Options
    mrsmandyDGmrsmandyDG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean bridal gowns?  If so, Bridal Extraordinaire (formerly Evening Extraordinaire) is FANTASTIC!  Sorry if you meant regular special occasion (shower-type) dresses...I also need to get with you about photographers.  You responded to my post about Mojica Photography and then I didn't get a chance to get back to you.  Basically my sister is looking for a photographer that takes great pictures (obviously) -- but both traditional and photojournalistic photos.  We want someone creative that can do some unique special effects to the finished products.  My biggest disappointment with my wedding photographer was that even though we were told she takes unlimited photos, we only got to see about 25% of the photos that were taken.  SHE chose the ones she thought were the best and edited those.  They were great pictures, but as they were photos of OUR day that WE were going to be looking at, I'd rather we had gotten to choose the photos.  So I'm hoping my sister can find someone that isn't stingy with the proofs. :)  And, of course, we're looking for someone with reasonable prices.  A lot of the photographers that were super popular 3 years ago are now STARTING at almost $4k.  That's ridiculous!  We're definitely looking for something under $2500, and under $2K is even better.  So, if you have any information on photographers you think might fit those specifications, please send me an e-mail (mandy4red *at* hotmail *dot* com).  Thanks!  
  • Options
    wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Mia's Bridal in Olathe.  They have great dresses and are so helpful and friendly.  I have not gotten my dress yet, but I am ordering it there tomorrow!!  Its definetely worth checking out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For higher end gowns, try Wedded Bliss and Laura's Couture. Unless you're set on a designer that is only carried at Nolte's, I would steer clear. Heard too many nightmare stories about that place. For both Wedded Bliss and Laura's, you'll need to make an appointment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  If anyone knows of any other places to steer clear of, please share.  I want this to be a smooth as possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just made an appointment at the Gown Gallery, I can let everyone know how it goes afterwards. I was thinking about going to Noltes i havent heard any of the horror stories, jeeze may have to rethink that one!
  • Options
    reddee123reddee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have an Alfred Angelo dress. If you go to the alfred angelo website and view his whole collection-dress number 1129 is similar. The only difference is the material is a more textured lacey material everything else is the same. email me at terriharrison77@yahoo.com and I'll send you a pic. It's a $1400.00 dress. I'm selling it for $500/obo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards