Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Have you used these reception sites?

I am going to be viewing the following reception sites this week and was wondering if anybody has used them or looked at them and what you have to say about them: -Cellar 222 - The Emaline Ballroom - Unity Village Thanks :)

Re: Have you used these reception sites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only one i have heard about is Unity Village, but i really can't give you much information! I would look up kansascitybio.com and see if they can help! Also, maybe try typing each one in google and put review with it.Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we originally contracted with unity village with a wonderful woman who worked there. we put our deposit down far enough in advance that we would be eligible for a refund. she ended up leaving and we ended up moving our ceremony site to the church we now attend. an almost legal battle ensued, as it was documented on our contract that we would receive the full deposit back should we cancel 12 months or prior to our requested date. our lawyer contacted them because there was conflicting information on their contract that legally binded them both to what they said to us, and to the "no refunds on deposit" rule they were trying to enforce. in the end we got our money back, but it was a terrible ordeal i never expected to happen. their venue is gorgeous, i admit that. should you decide to go with them, ensure a lawyer goes over your contract before signing with them...i'd hate to see this happen to someone else.
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • Options
    DandAJonesDandAJones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like pp, the only one I've heard of or seen is Unity Village. FI and I were originally going to have our ceremony there but they've been under construction. If you're looking for next year, you should be ok. the woman I worked with was very spacey and horrid at getting back to me in what I consider a timely fashion. We weren't impressed with their reception hall but to each her own. If you like a ball room look then you might like it. It wasn't for us and I opted to not have to work with their coordinator. We decided to go with The Lodge at Ironwoods in Leawood, KS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards