Missouri-Kansas City

Dancing at backyard reception?

24 years after we met (in 8th grade), failed marriages and life experience later my FI and I will say "I do" on Halloween, we are having a small private ceremony followed by a backyard barbeque the next day at our home.  I would LOVE to be able to still have my "first dance" with my new husband and I would love for his mom to have her mother/som dance, but we will have no DJ or dance floor.  Is it tacky to dance just in the backyard to music played over the computer/stereo? There is room in the yard, so not like we would be stepping on anyone or anything.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Re: Dancing at backyard reception?

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be tacky. I think the backyard BBQ is still relaxed enough to not "need" a DJ or anything. Plus, it's about what will make it memorable for you. Will you regret not having that special dance with FI (and him w/ his mom) 5 years down the road just because of what guests might think? I say, if it's important to you, DO IT!! You only get to make these memories with each other once... :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's fine! Do you, or anyone, have an ipod you can do it over? Plus I think you can decorate it a little bit and it'll look lovely! :)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards