Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Dress Store Recommendations?

Does anyone have suggestions as to where to shop for wedding dresses in the KC area? I don't want to spend over $1,000 and several of my friends have had bad experiences at David's Bridal. I appreciate any thoughts!

Re: Dress Store Recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mia's Bridal was great!! They have lots of dresses for under $1000 (that was my budget too) I got a beautiful dress from there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, try Mia's in Olathe, or Emily Hart in Paola. I had heard horror stories about David's Bridal as well, but my experience there was pretty good.  I purchased a gown there, but I am having a friend who is a seamstress do alterations.HTH! :)
  • Options
    DandAJonesDandAJones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at one DB (the one in Lenexa) and then a BAD one at the one in Independence. I've been to Bridal Extraordinare on Shawnee Mission Parkway for not only my gown but a few of my girlfriends and we were very impressed. They did a great job with only showing us dresses that were in our 700-1500 price range! You might also try Amore off 40 Hwy. My MOH got her dress and we got our BM dresses there and they were very reasonable with great service! HTHs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks gals! Your input definitely helps! Wish me luck. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved dress shopping at The Gown Gallery. If you tell them your budget they will absolutely only bring out dresses within your budget (at least thats what my consultant did with me) my consultants name was Janay and she was fabulous she makes handmade bridal flowers and birdcage veils and shes making mine to match my dress perfectly. I ended up buying the third dress i tried on there. I also had a horrible experience at davids bridal (but my friends loved them so ive heard it depends on which store you go to). A previous poster also suggested Emily Hart in Paolo and ive heard wonderful things about them as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mia's was a bit of a mad house when I was there and I didn't feel like I got to try on all the dresses I wanted too. I LOVED Ida's!!! Very nice staff, very helpful and wanted you to fall in love with the dress. They worked with my budget and what I wanted and I couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the gown gallery!  I found my dress there and it was in my budget.  Janay was very helpful!I also went to Bridal Extraordinaire and had a great experience.
  • Options
    cary2010cary2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the Gown Gallery was great.  I worked with Liz and she was fabulous!  That have a wide variety of styles and choices.  FYI: They just moved to 19th and Main from Waldo.  Everyone I know who has worked with them has loved them!
  • Options
    tbridetobetbridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Rosie's Bridal in Independence (right by the mall). I got a lot of personal attention there and it was great. Before going there, I went to the Gown Gallery and worked with Gwen and didn't like her at all. Some of their other consultants might be OK but Gwen kept bringing out dresses that 1) were out of my budget and 2) I specifically said I didn't want (for example, I said I didn't like lace and she kept bringing out dresses in head-to-toe lace).
  • Options
    Alley2bAlley2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my gown from Rosies and they were very great. Lots of person attention! They were great in bringing out dresses that I described, and also bringing out 1 or 2 different. (go figure I ended up getting the different one.) I have also heard good things about Bridal Mansion and Mia's Bridal. We are going to Mia's for bridemaids dresses because they have the 3 we want to see in Stock. Rosies did not have a huge selection of BM's dresses to try on in the store. Only 2 racks. Dana
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards