Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Chelsea Donoho

I was just wondering who here is using Chelsea Donoho as their photographer, and if you can answer a few questions for me. Is she out of town to your knowledge, or if not, how long does it usually take for her to get back to you? I emailed her over a week ago (actually I emailed her twice because we had to change our date at the last minute -long story-) and have not heard back. Maybe she's busy or uniterested in booking us for Fall 2010, but I guess I just feel in the dark. Thanks in advance for any information. Maybe I'm just getting jumpy for no reason and a week is not long in wedding planning time... IDK I'm new to all of this!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chelsea Donoho

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand why you would be jumpy! I was the same way. Chelsea is shooting my wedding a week from today. I think she is just really really busy because she is so amazing more and more people are booking her.  I talked to her this last week about the ceremony and she kept apologizing for not getting back to me sooner b/c she is so busy. I do have to say she is very quick at getting pictures done! She had quite a few engagment picture up on her blog in a couple of days and all the edited pictures in and CD in the mail in a week in a half.  I'm going to call her tonight or tomorrow..you can email me your info and I can mention it to her if you want!! My email is brittanyathornton@gmail.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea is our photographer, and she is AMAZING.  If I was you I would email her again or even call her - chances are your email might have slipped through the cracks, I know that she is incredibly booked with weddings right now so that might also be why you haven't heard from her.  But definitely contact her again.  Out of all of our vendors she has by far been my favorite :D 
  • Options
    tbridetobetbridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the exact reason I didn't use her. She took over 2 weeks to respond to my e-mail, and by that time I had already booked someone else. I feel like if you want my business, you can respond back to me at least within a few days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you know there is this thing called a phone?  To completely write someone off because they were slow responding to an email is kinda crap - I know a lot of the vendors I have dealt with for my wedding prefer a phone call. 
  • Options
    kmr327kmr327 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was pretty bummed when she responded several days later back to me that she was already booked.  I tried contacting her again about something else and no response.  Clearly she is awesome (as everybody seems wants her :)) but maybe she needs a new E-mail system of handling things....
  • Options
    melinachildesmelinachildes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea is fantastic! We just got our e pics back and they are amazing. Keep in mind that she's a one-woman team, and her biz is really picking up. Can't say enough wonderful things about her though. Fantastic!
  • Options
    orangejuliusorangejulius member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kmr - That is actually exactly what happened to me. She responded about a week later and told me she couldn't do the date I asked. Then we had a change of plans due to wanting an outdoor wedding, so we changed the date and contacted her again...no response. It has been several weeks. *Shrugs*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tbridetobetbridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Obviously I know there is such a thing as a phone. However, I shouldn't have to work to try to hunt someone down in order to give them my money. I e-mailed several other photographers, as e-mail is MY preferred method of communication, and they all managed to respond. Oh well, got a great photographer and she's the one who lost out on business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards