Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Favors.....

Any favor suggestion ideas? The budget is getting tight, but everything that I come up with is time consuming and expensive....any cheap easy ideas?

Re: Favors.....

• Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of "feel" are you wanting? TK had a sale on matchbooks at one time and we were able to get 4 different kinds of matchbooks for $60 (this was when we were planning on having sparklers... that kind of fizzled out b/c the church doesn't allow it...:-( ). You could do baked goods in cute packaging (could be time consuming though, depending on how many needed and how much help you have). Another idea is to make a donation to a charity in place of giving favors.Have you tried looking at Oriental Trading Company /dot\  com ? They sell things in bulk at low prices. Also, you might consider not ordering a favor for every single guest - I know a lot of posts I've read have said that (as a guest), they just don't take them.HTH!
  • Options
    tbridetobetbridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do little bags of Hershey's kisses or other candy. Or you (or a family member or friend) could bake some cookies a few days before and wrap them up in cellophane.
  • Options
    JusLyn678JusLyn678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a candy buffet that doubled as favors and decor. It was awesome...I thought so anyway. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would stick to something edible they over the best at wedding and will most likely not be left over after the reception ends.
  • Options
    Bburns03Bburns03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a candy buffet and a photobooth and they were both HUGE hits at our wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend doing something edible or a donation to a charity.Also to cut costs consider doing a favor per couple/family as opposed to one for every couple.  About half of the people will leave their favor sitting on the table anyhow.
  • Options
    DandAJonesDandAJones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is kind of taboo-but is there really any reason you HAVE to have favors? I can't remember the favors to a single wedding I've been to but it didn't make it less special for me as a guest. Just a thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards