Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Chairs or no chairs?

We're getting married at Loose Park in May.  There is a 2 hour timeframe to set-up chairs, have the ceremony and then to take down the chairs.  I'm on a tight budget and the cost of 180+ chairs is high.  My parents are pushing to make everyone stand (except for my grandma and great aunts), but I think it's important for everyone to have comfortable seat.  Have you ever had to stand at a wedding?  I have, but it was only 15 minutes max.  I think a 20-30 minute ceremony is too long to make our guests stand through.  Thoughts?  Any recommendations on chair rental companies?  I'd love to hear your feedback!

Re: Chairs or no chairs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you need to provide a chair for every guest - plain and simple, there really is no other option.  If you look at local rental companies you could do simple folding chairs and even set them up yourself if you wanted to cut down on the cost.  I know there is quite a few rental companies in Kansas but I'm not sure of their selection/pricing (as the rental company I'm using is in Lawrence).  However, I know that even the rental company we are using has a basic chair option that is $0.75 each to rent.  Just google/call around - but without a doubt give everyone a chair. Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP you really should provide chairs for your guests.  If you were attending a wedding and asked to stand for a 30 minute ceremony, you'd probably start to wonder where your seat was. Especially if any of yuor guests are standing in heels... yikes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that you should have chairs for your guest.  Also, how were you able to book at Loose Park so early?  I called a few days ago and was told that 2010 dates could not be booked until Jan 5th 2010 starting at 8:00 am.  She said that there would be a long line of brides that have been waiting to book dates at Loose Park.
  • Options
    Bburns03Bburns03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You absolutely need a chair for each and every guest.  I would call around and get quotes and find some way to make this happen. It is rude to make your guests stand. I went to a wedding once that was outside and had no chairs for the guests.  Many people were unhappy, uncomfortable, and many actually left because they did not want to stand up outside in their heels for the length of a ceremony. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't booked the rose garden yet, but I'm definitely going to be camping out the night before to get our date!! :) I'm just trying to figure everything out for our budget. Thanks for your feedback. I completely agree that everyone needs chairs...but I just needed support because my parents think I'm crazy. Why do parents choose to fight us on the little things?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards