Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Reception Locations?

Hi all, I'm new here. I've been a post stalker for a while in helping friends with their weddings..but now it's time to start planning my own. We don't have an official wedding date set yet, as there are a variety of factors. We are thinking either December 2010 or January 2011. (The only dates that may end up working are New Year's Eve and January 1..so thoughts on those would be great.) I'm trying to narrow down some reception venues to take a look at. I'd love for opinions, etc. We'll probably have 200+ people, and would like to either stay in the downtown area. (We've also thought about Lawrence, as well.)We'd like to be able to furnish our own alcohol and choose our own caterer, but that may be wishful thinking. At the minimum, we'd like a venue that offers a beer/wine bar with a champagne option. I'm sure that's way too much info, but I would love to hear about your reception venue or other venues you've looked at! Thanks, Ren

Re: Reception Locations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Loretto in March. I'll warn you that it's a tad pricey compared to some other places, but they provide chairs, tablecloths, tables, and centerpieces (if you like theirs). Their large ballroom will handle close to 300 guests, they have a chapel on site, and you can bring in all of your own alcohol. You can bring in whichever baker you like, as well, but they have three preferred caterers they'd like you choose from. Oh, and it's down just off the Plaza and Westport.
  • Options
    wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out The Sawyer Room.  Its beautiful and you can choose your own caterer and bring your own alcohol.  I'm not having my reception there, but would have loved to.  My FI didn't want anything in downtown KC MO.  I think it's worth checking out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!We are having our reception at the Rotunda at the Town Pavilion in July 2010. It's right at the edge of the P&L District downtown. We can hire our own caterer and supply our own alcohol. Sharon has been wonderful to work with so far, and all of the vendors she has recommended to us rave about her. I also agree about the Sawyer Room. It maxes at 299 though. We saw the room set for 200+ and I thought it looked a little crowded. The owners are awesome, and it is really pretty! The only reason we didn't book it was because they didn't have our date available (they fill up fast) and we are expecting 300+ guests.Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Club 1000!!!!!!  We just booked a few weeks ago for July 2010 and I couldn't be more excited!  It's downtown (10th and Broadway) and very beautiful!  There are 4 floors of space, all of which are amazing.  We are actually having both our ceremony and reception there.  You are allowed to bring in your own caterer (chosen from their required list--I've found that Brancatos is fairly inexpensive), but you must go through them for alcohol (beer/wine option or full open bar for only $2 more).  The owner, John, is very direct and business-like, but runs the place very smoothly.  His assistant Carla is awesome, too!  Of all the places we looked (and there were a lot!), this was the ONE place we found that we loved and was affordable.  Here is the website: http://www.club1000kc.com/.  Good luck! :)
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also having our wedding and reception at the Town Pavilion on 12th and Main!!! It is really beautiful and Sharon is so great to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at the Vox Theatre.  It's close to downtown, you can bring your own alcohol & choose all of your own vendors!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards