Missouri-Kansas City

Vendor Review: Cakes

I will use this feed back to post under the "Vendor review" section of our website. Please post which cake companies you know of and any experiences you've had with them (your own wedding, wedding you went to, etc.). TIA!

Re: Vendor Review: Cakes

• arcampbellarcampbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest looking into Icing on the Cake.  The cake is spectacular and pricing is fair.  (I personally love the almond flavored cake - the chocolate is heavenly also!)
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda Guy from the Sugar Shack has been wonderful to work with. She's doing our cake/cupcakes for the wedding. I used her for our cookies/cake for our E-party and they were absolutely delicious! She's reasonably priced as well!
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Our cake for our Oct. 24, 2009 wedding was from Vivian at Spectacular Cakes. I thought it was beautiful, and it was absolutely the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. She has a ton of flavors to choose from, she'll give you a free tasting, and her sample book of cakes proves that she is truly an artist, in my opinion. Our groom's cake was a the Pittsburg State split face logo, which is NOT an easy design, and she did an awesome job with it. I'd give Spectacular Cakes an "A" rating.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Vivian at Spectacular Cakes.  She did cupcakes for our wedding and they were fabulous!  She was great to work with and I'm extremely partial to her Strawberry cake!
  • edited December 2011
    Hands down The Bridal Kitchen in Independence.  Jackie (the owner) is the sweetest little thing ever and has been in business 40 years.  I use to go the all of the bridal shows and she would hand out her cake wrapped up in saran wrap and put it in a little box...anyways long story short I would toss a couple in my bag and take them home, I would wait a few days and start going through my bag of goodies and sorting out what vendors I liked and so on, well I would always come across my little box of cake...as gross as it sounds I would unwrap it and eat it and after sitting in my bag for a few days it was still moist and delicious as ever.  Jackie did my shower cake, as well as a birthday cake for a friend and will be doing my wedding cake in June.  Her cakes are the best and the customer service is excellent.  She is pretty affordable as well and willing to work with you to help fit it in your budget.  When comparing prices to Hy-Vee and other places she beat them in price. 

http://www.thebridalkitchen.net/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards