Missouri-Kansas City

Prices....whats reasonable and not???

Hello ladies im kinda new here. Im getting married in Jan 2011 so I still have plenty of time, but I have been looking at ceremony and reception sites. We found a really nice place were we could have both in the same place. I havnt ever had to plan something this big so as far as price goes I have no idea whats reasonable and not. For $3,000 we get Chairs and covers is desired for the ceremony and reception 300 ppl, tables, table cloths, buffet tables, cake table, huge kitchen, centerpieces and candles for the tables, 5 staff members bussing the tables, 2 bartenders, the location is professionally decorated very beautiful.  We really would not need to do any decorating. If anyone wants to look at it...its in Osawatomie, Ks called Grand Lodge. I could use all the help I can get. Is this a good deal??

Re: Prices....whats reasonable and not???

• edited December 2011
    yes ma'am...here is a good question though...do they provide the food and drinks for that price as well or is it extra because that is were they can get you
  • edited December 2011
    they provide coffee, tea, and soda. They also take care of all the clean up, and provide plates, glasses, and the complete table setting.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that is a fairly good dea.  Can you bring in your own caterer?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there and it is just beautiful... the bride said she was really happy with it too. Just FYI.And I think that sounds like a great price. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, they allow us to bring our own caterer!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds pretty reasonable to me! :)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married at the Grand Loft too, and it was really pretty. Only problem was that is was so far away, a lot of people left early. But most of the people were from east of KC. Other than that, it was really pretty!
  • edited December 2011
    That's definitely reasonable! I'm getting just a little less than that for a bit more -- but then again, I am getting married down by the Plaza. Go for it if you like it!
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grand Loft is the nearest reception venue to the town I'm from so I've been to many weddings there. It is a really good deal, and all weddings I've been to have gone very smoothly. I would recommend it if it meets your expectations. Two bits of warning though. First, the reception area is kind of divided into rooms. My cousin's wedding had about 200 people and a few people couldn't fit into the main room and were therefore in a back room and missed some of the action. However, the older people loved this room once the dancing started! Second, the weddings I've been to there have all had the same DJ (DJ Jazzy Dwayne) and he's not that great. So even if he's the recommended DJ, I wouldn't go with him unless you want a really mellow one who won't talk at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards