Missouri-Kansas City

HELP NEED ADVICE ON BRIDESMAID

I'm getting married in  early Aug. and one of my bridesmaids text me to say that she doesn't know if she can afford to still be in my wedding. She still needs to pick up her dress by July 30 and that's the deadline. Since the dress still needs alterations. She payed half of the balance when we picked them out.. She can't afford to pay for the rest .. I can't afford to help her out and pay for her dress Since I'm paying for my sisters dress. I'm not sure how to handle this situation help!!

Re: HELP NEED ADVICE ON BRIDESMAID

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well if she truly can't afford to be in the wedding then call her and tell her you understand and I guess have her cancel the dress order and she'll lose out on what she put down.  Do you have anyone that can fill in?  If not, it's not that big of a deal to have different numbers on each side.  One lucky girl will have 2 guys to walk with!  I'm sure this has to be frustrating since your wedding is so close, she probably should have figured out what her situation was earlier, but there's nothing you can do about it now.
  • lostmykeyslostmykeys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, since it seems the dress won't happen, I guess the question comes down to this:  Which is more important to you?  To have her in your wedding or to have all the dresses match? 

Is it a possibility for her to wear something less expensive that compliments the other dresses or could she even wear something that she already has?

If not, could you give her a different role in the wedding where the dress wasn't as important?

I'd just hate to have someone excluded because of a money thing.
  • edited December 2011
    I can imagine how stressful this must be. I completely agree with the post before me, it all comes down to what is important. If she would feel comfortable wearing something different, why not let her wear something from her own closet? I guess it all depends on how close of a friend she is and how vital she is to your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards