Missouri-Kansas City

Stowe Bride Needs Help

I am a Stowe Bride and was wondering if anybody knew anybody that could do hair and make-up for my wedding. Maybe for a discount? Also does anybody know of a really good DJ?

Thanks

Re: Stowe Bride Needs Help

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Erica Johnson for hair and makeup. She has a really good price and I liked her after I went to the trial -- she is very flexible and really nice. She comes to wherever you are on the day of the wedding, which I also appreciate.

We are using Premier Midwest, and I really liked them. It's a husband and wife, and Danny is really outgoing and has a lot of energy. We found him through a bridal fair, and then made appointments with other dj's and decided they were our favorite.

HTH, I cannot imagine the stress you ladies must be under!
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know how to contact her??  Thank You so much For your info!!!Embarassed  Every little thing helps
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sory for everything that happened with the Stowe building :(  Did you find another place?!?

We are using Danny too and have heard great things about him, plus he's REALLY affordable (tell him you heard about him from TheKnot) and he may give you a discount! His number is 816-419-9015 and i think his website is premiermidwestdj.com or something like that.

As for hair and makeup, I don't know where you're looking but I am going to a place called Bella Epoque near power and light---they've been AMAZING go work with so far and I've heard nothing but great things about them!!

Hope that helps :)

• chyleinachyleina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using proDJKc and I love Jennifer so far. They are trying to help out brides that have had issues like this. (when they found out I was scammed, they were very understanding and helpful)
    As for hair/makeup, I don't have any recs. My best friends are doing it for me. Sorry.
    But good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I emailed Erica to set everything up...Here is her address:
    erica4shipping@aol.com

I think I originally found her on Weddingbee (there are reviews and such for a lot of vendors in kc). 
  • nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help on the hair, we're going to a salon to have our hair done. But we're using Rusty from Professional sound Services ( http://dj2k.com/ ). I've been to 2 weddings he's done, and it was great! He's easy to work with. I don't know if he'd offer a discount, but I've heard that MANY vendors ARE giving discounts because of what's gone on with the whole stowe building thing. And I think he has other DJs that work with him. 
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Beauty Brands for your haircare! They're all over the place and I find them to be pretty reasonable, 46 dollars for a full updo, and less for half-up half-down. They're going to do my hair and my 3 BMs all at once, and they said because each one of us will have our own stylist, it will only take an hour to get everyone done. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Melissa Blayton is offering a great deal to Stowe Brides for hair and make-up that includes a free trial session for your e-pics.  She does a ton of work all over and is the hair/makeup guru for the Chiefs cheerleaders.   http://www.melissablayton.com/. I met her at a bridal fair she put together for Stowe Brides and she was really nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards