Missouri-Kansas City

Vendor Reviews--March 2012

Ceremony at Country Club Christian Church on Ward Parkway--A beautiful church with stained glass and a large sanctuary. They are really experienced in weddings, so the wedding coordinator and our officiating minister were very knowledgeable and helpful. They also require that you attend a Wedding Workshop, which provided some really helpful couple counseling.

Reception venue and catering: The Carriage Club--They have a great ballroom that was recently renovated and was perfect for our size of group. And the food was great! They are very experienced in large events, so the evening was well coordinated. However, if you are really detail-oriented and want everything to go according to your plan, make sure you make it clear to them. The catering/events manager seemed a little bit more laid-back and lax than I would have preferred, and there were a few details that didn't go exactly as I had planned. Nothing turned out too badly since the Carriage Club is very good at event planning, but just make sure you make things clear if they are a big deal to you!

Flowers from Flowers by Design in Brookside--The women who run this florist are really nice and helpful. I don't know much about flowers, but they gave us some great suggestions about what flowers would fit with our theme and colors. The flowers for the ceremony and reception turned out beautifully! They also did a great job with all of the set-up, so I didn't have to worry about any of it.

David Riffel Photography--
David Riffel is really nice and friendly, and his photos turned out great! I was very happy with his photography. But I highly recommend that you give him (or any photographer) a list ahead of time of all the photos you definitely want and which family members you want in each photo. It helped our posed family photo time to run very efficiently.

David's Bridal--
They have a good selection of gowns at very good prices. The alterations made to my dress were also done pretty quickly. I bought my dress here as well as the bridesmaids' dresses. Since my bridesmaids all live in different cities, it was really helpful that they could all find a David's Bridal location close to them to try on and order their dresses.

Men's Wearhouse
--It was great for us because all of the groomsmen were coming in from out of town. They got fitted for their tuxes at a location in Chicago and then picked up their tuxes the day before the wedding when they arrived in KC. The tuxes turned out great!

Invitations and programs from Statements in Hawthorne Plaza--The store employees were really friendly and helpful. We found some beautiful invitations and programs, and they arrived within about two weeks.

Favors from Boulevard Bakery--They have DELICIOUS cookies that can be decorated as brides and grooms or other wedding themes. We got SO many compliments on these cookies--they look really cute and taste amazing! One warning, however: the icing on the cookies I ordered took about 24 hours to dry. So if you're planning to put them in baggies or anything, make sure you build in an extra 24 hours before trying to package them so the icing won't smear.

Pech Limousine--Nice limousines, and they arrived right on time. The wedding package also comes with a bottle of champagne in the limo, which was nice.

Rehearsal dinner at Bo Ling's Chinese Restaurant--They have excellent food and do a good job with banquets. The Plaza location has a (semi) private banquet room, which was great for our group of about 50 people.

Bridesmaids' luncheon at Aixois--It's a cute French restaurant with great food! They also have a small private dining area that was the perfect size for our group of 10.

Some of my bridesmaids got their makeup and hair done at Beauty Brands. It turned out really well, and it was priced much more reasonably than most of the other makeup artists and hair stylists I looked into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards