Missouri-Kansas City

invitations

Where is everyone getting their invitations?  I live in Lees Summit and I am wanting a local place in KC to look at invitaitons.  I have looked online but it is so hard to tell what the paper and qualilty is like.  Has anyone found a great place?  I have a low budget wedding so would like somewhere affordable.

Re: invitations

• We used MagnetStreet.com and loved it!  They have a ton of templates you can choose from and then insert your own wording.  The paper is great quality...linen...not cheap flimsy but you don't have to pay an arm and a leg either.  And there are a million colors to choose from so you can find something that matches your decor fairly easily.  Last but not least, Wedding Wire is a partner and so we created a free website that matched our invitation design.

You can always go online and request a free sample.  If you like it, I recommend joining their e-newsletter and you will get coupons on various items ranging from 10-25% off.  I was very pleased with them and used them for save the dates and invitations.  I think we spent $400-ish for a 150 person wedding.
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
  • I haven't done invites yet but vistaprint.com sends free samples. I hear they are uber cheap, and still great quality, but I guess what I consider quality might not be for you. They send a big package with everything: STDs, invites, thank yous, etc...

I don't know of any place in town that does for cheap. Unless you design it yourself and go to Staples or Kinkos or something and they print it. Michaels has an invites station, they might have samples or a consultant to help.

You could just go anywhere in town (don't pay attention to price) and look to see the kinds of paper and finishes you like, then go online and you will know what to select.
  • I wasn't too excited about getting my invitations on-line either because I really wanted a great invitation created....but, I too have a tight budget.  Fortunally I have friend in graphic design that is going to create a unique design and all I need to take care of are the printing costs.  I'm using Priority Printing, which a local woman-owned business, that I've used before and they were super professional and priced well.  They will also design one for you but have templates to choose from as well.   
  • I got my rehearsal invites from vistaprint and thought the quality was great for the price.  I made my own wedding invites and used paper from cardsandpockets.com and Hobby Lobby. 
  • Agree, I am making my own pocket fold with nice paper from Cards and Pockets and Paper and More. if I was willing/able to print and cut the paper myself (which I would, but running low on time and patients at this point!) I could make these for about $1.50 a piece before postage! I am instead printing them at Catprint, which uses great quality paper and even does custom cutting. I have seen pocketfold invites on Etsy for $5-$8 a piece, so they are still a bargain!
  • We are ordering through http://www.bellsandbinkies.com/. She's a local gal & can do a custom design or you can order from designs she has posted on her website. We've found her to be very affordable. If you want something she doesn't have on her website, just let her know what you're wanting to do and she will give you a quote.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

The journey of one thousand miles begins with one step.

• I'm using a local shop here in KC- Announce This. Check her out! Awesome work, fast turn-around, and cheap! :) She's very creative and will design whatever you want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards