Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Engaged at Union Station?

Anybody go to this yesterday?  Anybody win anything?  :)

Re: Engaged at Union Station?

• Options
    Hi Kellie. I went and was SO irritated. It was packed  and the layout  was horrible. Kellie, I made it halfway down and turned around and left. You couldn't visit any vendors without squeezing through a group of people who was just standing in the way socializing.

Hopefully there will be another one this Spring at the OPCC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_engaged-union-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:4aa8d57f-0b84-407e-8feb-e7d85047b856Post:a68dbeef-6dea-43a4-aa73-72b9531653be">Re: Engaged at Union Station?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Kellie. I went and was SO irritated. It was packed  and the layout  was horrible. Kellie, I made it halfway down and turned around and left. You couldn't visit any vendors without squeezing through a group of people who was just standing in the way socializing. Hopefully there will be another one this Spring at the OPCC.
    Posted by yogiebhill[/QUOTE]

I was there too to attend with my future cousin-in-law.  I won tickets and I didn't really need to speak with any vendors but if I did pay, I would have been upset.  It was oversold and way too packed.  I think even the vendors were a little irritated about how poorly planned it was.
  • Options
    It was horrible.  We left too but it took us 30 minutes just trying to get out.  We only talked to one vendor and I didn't win anything but didn't have a chance to sign up for anything.  It was an awful venue and too many people. We did pay :(

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_engaged-union-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:4aa8d57f-0b84-407e-8feb-e7d85047b856Post:8ff68cb9-0a2d-42cc-b900-c779bc902e9c">Re: Engaged at Union Station?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It was horrible.  We left too but it took us 30 minutes just trying to get out.  We only talked to one vendor and I didn't win anything but didn't have a chance to sign up for anything.  It was an awful venue and too many people. We did pay :(
    Posted by collicat[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry you had that experience.  Email them to tell them about your experience because that's not how it should be at all. 
  • Options
    Yeah, it was definitely crowded.  We were lucky enough to show up right as the fashion show was starting, which cleared the aisles considerably.  Lots of overpriced vendors, so we're not going with any of them.  Got lots of ideas though.  The fiance saw a cake that he liked so I think we'll go with that.  Have to throw him a bone somewhere.  He's got this crazy idea that it's "his day too."  LOL.

(Disclaimer: I'm really not like that; I'm just poking fun at overzealous brides)
  • Options
    This event was awful. I didn't even have a chance to register to win anything as a result of the crowd. I have also attended a show at OPCC and it was much nicer. Not nearly as crowded and easily quadruple the amount of vendors in a variety of price rangers.
  • Options
    Did anyone else email them?  I did and told them about my experience.  They sent an email back that invited me to the one in OP in April, I think, free of charge.  My wedding's in June so I won't need to go but it sounded like they had a TON of complaints.  It's not the venue that was the problem but the planners...isn't it ironic?
  • Options
    I also received free tickets after I emailed them my complaints. It was seriously chaos. Three different ticket lines? Pre-registered with tickets, has tickets but not registered, and need to buy ticket lines. The line to buy tickets was faster than if you were already registered and came with tickets! I was so confused when we got there, so I asked a staff member if she could point me in the right direction, and she had no idea what was going on. It was like half the staff was genuinely trying to help everyone,but  then the other half was deliberately not helping. The layout was very poorly planned. They set the vendors too far in so there was no walking room in the aisles, however there was TONS of space behind the vendors booths near the bathrooms. My fiance and I decided to take a shortcut to leave, and half the staff was hiding out behind one of the vendor booths (not helping anyone) and just chitchatting, but then scolded us and told us we couldn't exit where they were standing and we'd have to get back into the crowd if we wanted to leave. The sample dress sale was very poorly organized as well. There were only 2 mirrors in the dressing area, so the girls were becoming anxious and rude to one another. I can honestly say I will NEVER do Union Station again. I will keep to the Big Reveal and OPCC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards