Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Hotel Rooms

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I can't figure out how many hotel rooms to block. I will be sending 52 invites to out of town guests but I also think some of my in town family will want a hotel for Saturday night since the reception is still an hour drive home for most of them. What percentage of my guest list should I set aside hotel rooms for? Thanks!

Re: Hotel Rooms

• Options
    prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would set aside as many as you can in varying price points (a mid and a high end hotel) without having to pay to hold the rooms. For most Marriotts, this is 10-15 rooms per hotel. As long as you don't have to pay for unsold rooms, who cares?! And most hotels will let you up the amount of rooms in your block if you start to sell it out, depending on availability.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had trouble figuring this out as well. We are inviting 144 people, or 78 singles, families, or couples (78 invites) that are OOT, and we blocked 20 rooms each at 2 hotels. As long as you don't have to pay the difference if you don't fill all the rooms in the block, I don't think it really matters. I only talked to one hotel where we would have been charged for not filling the block, and we didn't do a block with them. You can always add onto the block if it fills, too. Most hotels I talked to required a minimum of 10 rooms for a block as well, I think. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs about blocking as many rooms as possible without a charge. I hadn't thought about using a couple of different hotels, but that's a good idea, too! :-)
  • Options
    kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! My reception is near 135th and 69 Hwy so I was hoping to find hotels near there. I called the Doubletree on College and 69 and got a great offer of $69 per night plus the honeymoon suite free if we book at least 20 rooms. I tried calling the Marriot, Spring Hill Suites, and Fairfield in to price check but so far none of them have called me back after a week and two voicemails!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards