Missouri-Kansas City

Overland Park Arboretum

I am interested in having my wedding at the OP Arboretum.  I have only lived in the KC area for a year and a half and have never actually been to a wedding there, nor do I know anyone who has.  Does anyone have advice/suggestions/experiences with this location?

Re: Overland Park Arboretum

• nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been there, and it is gorgeous for sure. I've never been to a wedding there, but depending on the size of your wedding, there are several different neat places you could set it up. 
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been there when they were setting up for a wedding, but not an actual wedding.  It looked beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    It's a very pretty place just make sure you visit it before booking. In my opinion it's pretty far south in Overland Park which may or may not matter for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I would echo try&angel in that it is a bit out of the way. We were considering it as a possibility, but all of our reception sites were in kc and didn't want to make our guests drive that far between the two. Another thing to consider is your guest list. For some reason I remember the arboretum only being able to accommodate a smaller number...def under 150 but it may have been a max of 125 or something when I was looking at it. HTH.
  • shandon2012shandon2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies,
    I have visited there before, and the location will work for me,  but I don't know anything about having a wedding ceremony there.   As for wedding size, I am expecting around 75 guests, which I believe they can accomidate in the Lakeside Ampitheater.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards