Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Dress Store Price Ranges

I am wondering if anyone can help me out with this.  My budget for my wedding dress is $1000.  I have been to three stores and all the dresses they bring me are closer to $1500.  Does anyone know a store that has great dresses for under $1000 or even under $500.  The stores I have been to are Gown Gallery,  Ida's and Bridal Extraordinaire.
imageAnniversary

Re: Dress Store Price Ranges

• Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You really had a problem with Gown Gallery? When I told them my budget, they stayed below it. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them...
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    jlichtyjlichty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No I had a great experience at all 3 stores!  I think I just want to look at dresses in a lower price range to see how they compare. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a really good experience at Davids Bridal in Lenexa. People have good and bad experiences there, just as any place, but I would definitely suggest looking there just to see what they have. Also maybe Group USA in the Great Mall of the Great Plains.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Mia's in Olathe.  My budget was the same and I found mine for $850.
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    mandi721mandi721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mia's bridal and Tailoring in Olathe

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mia's in Olathe- I found exactly what I wanted for $600.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amore in Independence had a lot of great dresses around 1,000
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mia's and Gown Gallery both showed me dresses in my price range with no problem.  Gown gallery actually showed me several that were several hundred under as well, but I guess it depends on the style of the dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I suggest going to group usa, its at the great mall of the great plans. I found my dress for 549 and its beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress from Emily Hart Bridal in Leawood and I HEART :-) THEM!!! They are wonderful and my dress was around that budget - but, you'll also want to take into consideration customizations and alterations which will cost more no matter where you go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Mia's and Ida's.  I found dresses at both places for that range.  I ended up getting a dress from Mia's they had quite a good selection within that price range.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    jlichtyjlichty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a dress! I tried on several at Mia's and they actually had my favorite.  I was down to two dresses so I had to go to Ida's and try the other contender on.  I finally ended up at Bridal Extraordinaire which had my dress for a few hundred cheaper than Mia's plus they gave me $100 off.  It is still over my budget my I am so happy with it!

Thanks Everyone!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    cgonz38cgonz38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you've already checked out Ida's I would say try Bridal Solutions & Tailor in Lee's Summit. It's a little bit of a drive, but they are full of Maggie Sottero gowns and everything I tried on was under $850 without alterations.
    Hope it helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards